Chapter 17

I woke up to silence in the house. Mickey wasn't playing on the TV, the boys weren't fighting, everything was so quiet. I just assumed it was early and no one was up. But I did come home very late last night. 'Whatever' I walked into the bathroom and looked at my reflection. My hair was a mess my mascara ran down my face. I looked scary. If the gang was in the living room, they could tell that something was wrong. So I washed my face and I didn't really have the energy to take a shower at the moment so I will take one later. I didn't drink enough for me to have a hangover so Im glad of that. I walked out and the whole gang except for Dallas and Lola were sitting in the living room waiting.

     "Brooke I'm-"Simone started but I cut her off.

     "I'm sorry Simone it's not your fault Dal and I are taking a break" I said. Once I said that Darry's eyes widened and he stood up. Shoot.

     "He did what?!"Darry growled. Eliza got up and put her hand on his shoulder.

     "Dare Bear calm down it's okay they're just taking a break from each other"Eliza explained. She turned to me. "Do you know where Dally ran off too?"she asked. I shook my head and felt like I was gonna cry again but I held back the tears. I walked over to Simone and gave her a huge hug. She didn't hesitate to hug back.

      "Im so sorry Simone"i apologized.

     "It's ok Brooklyn" she said genuinely.

     "Friendship stronger than relationships for you two"Steve rolled his eyes. I broke away from the hug and looked at him in confusion.

      "What do you mean?"I asked Steve.

     "Simone and I broke up what's the big deal about it?"Soda said. I snapped my head to him. He did not sound like himself.

     "Sodapop Patrick Curtis what in the hell did you do?"I growled at him. My eyes showed so much anger.

     "I broke up with her why is that a big deal?"he asked again. I looked at Simone and she stared at Soda with sad longing eyes. He broke up for her.

     "WHAT WAS THE REASON WHAT WAS THE REASON SODA HUH. SHE TALKS ABOUT HOW GOOD OF A BOYFRIEND YOU HAVE BEEN AND I KNOW YALL NEVER FIGHT. SO WHAT WENT THROUGH THAT DROPOUT MIND OF YOURS"after I said that last sentence I immediately regretted it. The next thing he did surprised everyone in that room. He slapped me. The slap echoed through the house. He slapped me so hard there will probably be a bruise there. Soda looked at his hand with wide eyes.

"Wait baby girl I'm sorry I didn't me-" he tried to explain but I'm not having it. I backed away, grabbed Simone's hand and ran out of the house. We didn't have a car yet so neither of us could drive. We ran to Simones house. Once we got there I immediately dropped to the floor and cried. Simone sat and cried with me cause when one of cries the other does. It just makes sense. After awhile we went to her room and cuddled. We're those best friends who cuddle eachother. Mostly because one of us needed it but both of us need it right now.

"Ya know what Sim?"I said. She looked at me in confusion.

"What?"she asked.
"Men ain't shit"I said truthfully. She laughed and I laughed with her. But there's been something I've been dying to ask her. "Hey Sim sorry to ruin the moment but why did Soda break up with you?" I asked sheepishly cause I didn't know if she was ready to tell me yet. "You don't have to if y-." She interrupted me.

"No I'm ready to tell you" she took a deep breath "So after you ran he trusted you in what you said and I tried to explain that I would never let you and Dal break up. I tried to explain myself but he wouldn't even listen. I don't know if he was drunk? High? I don't know I just want him back and not mad at me ya know?" She said crying again.