Chapter 20

We left the hospital after awhile and went home. The doctor said she'll be out in a few days. Darry told her he had a surprise for her. I was confused because I haven't been to the house in a month. I would call every once in awhile but he told me nothing really. When we got home Soda told me that Darry renting a house. So that's why he's been working half days on Sunday at his third job I might have. Sodas been to it. He said it has 4 bedrooms 2 bath it's bigger than our place now. It has a POOL in the back. It's in the middle class area so there's no problem just regular people who don't care about what class you're in. I'd love to be in that neighborhood.

     A few days later when Eliza came home with Coco, Darry showed us the new house and everything was so nice. Well nice for me I've been living in hole in the walls. The walls were white and it looked like our beach house in Florida we used to go to. That's probably what made him buy it. Reminds him of our childhood. He told us two Fridays from now that he would throw a housewarming party Greaser style. The only thing that's keeping him from being a soc is us. He's still a greaser for us. We have Two week till the party so till then the gang is getting ready for it.

     It's Friday and I'm hanging streamers for the party. As I was climbing the ladder I missed a step and fell on the floor. I cursed under my breath. I held my shin because it hurt like hell. I heard running footsteps on the hardwood floor.

     "Babe are you ok?"Dally asked worriedly. My shin was bleeding and it had a bruise. He lightly touched my shin.

     "I'm fine Dal I just fell nothin new"I giggled. His face softened and caressed my face.

     "I love you Brooke"he whispered as he put his forehead against mine.

     "I love you too Dal" I whispered back. He leaned in and kissed me. I didn't hesitate to kiss back. We kissed until Simone cake in with Soda and Lola.

     "Get a room you two"she joked and covered Lolas eyes. Lola shooed her hand away.

     "Stawp it Simmy I saw their first kiss" Lola said. Simone knew it wasn't our actual first kiss but she knew it was our first kiss that meant something. We laughed and Dallas picked me up and brought me to the kitchen to clean me up. He got the first aid kit and bandaged my leg up. He kissed my leg cleaning it up. I chuckled.

     "Ha Simp"I teased him. He rolled his eyes.

     "Only for you doll"he winked. It was my turn to roll my eyes. He laughed as we continued to set up for the party.

     "Shoot hey Brooke!?"Eliza yelled to me.

     "Yeah Liz?"I yelled back while walking into the room she was in.

     "We need a babysitter and I forgot to ask for one. Who's taking care of Lola?"she asked.

     "Oh Rose Sheldon is. She's a sweet girl you'll like her."I smiled. She smiled and thanked me. I went over to their phone and rang up Rose.

     "Hello?"she picked up.

     "Hey Rose it's Brooke I was wondering if u could babysit one more kid? He'll just play with Lola if that's fine with you?"I asked.

     "I don't mind the more the merrier have fun at the party"

     "Will do Rose" we hung up. I walked over to Eliza she was holding Coco. She looked up immediately.

     "What'd she say?"she asked.

     "She said yes. She's the polar opposite of Bob. She loves kids"I said and she nodded. Dal and I took Lola and Noah to Rose's house. We dropped them off but on the way back Dallas had his hand on my thigh. Didn't mean much to him, but I was freaking out on the inside. We stopped at a red light that is always slow and I kissed him. I climbed on top of him and straddled him kissing his neck. All of a sudden the light turned green. He pressed the gas pedal while I was still on him. I carefully got off of him and sat down face beat red. Dally smirked and put his hand back on my thigh. We got there and my face was still slightly red. I went in the house and everyone except Soda and Simone were in the living room. Everyone greeted us back. Then Soda and Simone came walking in and Simone is just as red as I am. Both of us noticed how red our faces were and we both knew what happened to us. No one question they just continued what they were doing. Suddenly, Steve asked me to talk to him in private. Dally looked hesitant at first then I gave him my trust me look. He looked like he knew what he was gonna talk about to me.

     "Yeah Stevie what is it?" I asked. He took a deep breath then blushed.

     "Brooke I-I really like you. I've liked you since I saw you at the DX when you first came here. But when I saw you with Dal he was happier than I've ever seen him in awhile. Johnny got jumped just before you came and he wasn't too happy before especially not after"he said "my point is I just wanted to get off my chest that I like you more than a friend but I know you love Dally and nothin is gonna change your stubborn mind"he laughed sadly. I gave him my sympathetic look.

     "I'm sorry Steve I love you like a brother not like I love Dal. Dal and I have history and I fell for him when I was 9. I hope this won't stop our friendship"I said and we hugged. We walked back to the living room.

     "Anyone down for euker until guest start comin over?" Soda dally and Simone raising their hands. When guest started to come over we started drinking. Coco is sound asleep in a soundproof room. Elvis was blasting through the house and people were blackout drunk including Darry and Eliza. Dally and I were dancing then we went up into a guest bedroom. On my way up I saw Simone and Soda going into the other guest room. And you can figure out what happened next.