Chapter 2

Simone asked Steve to go on a walk and he was being protective and gave her a switchblade. It's funny how protective these boys have been. I've always known Darry and soda,but Steve damn I would've never thought. Well I hope she stays safe, she better. I decided to go up to my room. It's a greyish blue shade because my parents thought I was gonna be a boy.My name was gonna be lyions because my parents were very creative so they decided that that would be my middle name. I honestly didn't know what to do, then I looked into a side of my room and realized my record player. I love music, I picked up my favorite record Bloodshot by J.Giels. I put the record on the record player. I heard the guitar play and started to play the air guitar. Then all of a sudden Darry yelled from the living room "YEAH" I laughed and went into the living room where everyone was.Only darry and soda knew that that was my favorite alblum. Soon enough all of us were screaming the lyrics even Dally. Dally bought me the alblum a while back because I told him that it reminds me of home. Suddenly I stopped jumping and screaming and started to stare at Dally, he looked happy,carefree,lighthearted. He caught me looking at him so I looked away. I saw him smirk.
All of a sudden, someone came in looking mad.
"Dally you were supposed to meet me at the dingo an hour ago." The blonde who has caked on make up and her outfit says that she's a slut. I was about to make a sarcastic comment but then Dallas spoke up.
"Sorry Sylvia I lost tract of time hanging out with the gang" he said slightly frowning but a smirk was still planted on his face. My heart sank, 'he has a girlfriend' I thought to myself. I really should've known, I mean he's Dallas Tucker Winston he gets whatever he wants. Sylvia came up to me and saw that I was the only girl in the room.
"Hey whore you better not be flirting with my boyfriend." She said popping her hip and chewing her gum loudly.
"He's dating a slut already so might as well" I said smirking. She was about to hit me until I grabbed her arm and threw her down to the ground. She got up and was about to hit me again I grabbed her arm but this time a punched her square in the jaw. I have zero problem with fighting girls who act like bitches towards me or my friends. After I punched her I was pulled away by darry and dally pulled Sylvia away and they left. Dallas turned to look at me and his eyes were cold like he thought Sylvia was the victim and looked like he hated me. My smirk turned into a frown,my eyes were becoming glassy. Ponyboy must've noticed.
"Are you okay Brooklyn" he said with worry in his voice. I got out of darrys grasp and ran to my room. There was a knock on the door.
"B please open the door and tell us why your crying" It was soda, there was no way in hell im telling him that I have a major crush on Dallas Winston. The boy with the reputation of breaking girls hearts.
After 5 minutes Johnny came through the door. I forgot to lock the door. He sat right next to me and stared at the floor.
" I know Dal can seem kinda cold when he's around other greasers that don't know he has a soft side but I'm positive he doesn't hate you" Johnny explained
"How did you know that I thought he hated me" I asked surprised that he could read my eyes when no one else could.
"Experience" he said simply "ya know he has a soft side for two people, me and you" I wasn't surprised he had a soft side for Johnny. Johnny reminds me of innocent Dallas, the Dallas that gave me his shirts because I was drunk and he was sober the Dallas that wouldn't go to jail the Dallas that has been through a lot and still would be kind to everyone. But that innocence in him was gone after he went to jail.
"I know" I simply said. I calmed my tears and it looked like I didn't even cry. I'm good at that for some reason, Johnny saw it but wasn't fazed by it.
"Well, thanks for ensuring me" I said he smiled then walked out of the room. I walked to my bag and picked up the book I started reading a few days ago, Little Women. It was written in the 1800's but it's a really good book. In my opinion Jo is a early feminist and I support that.
After I read a few chapters, I put my bookmark at the page I was at and started to think. What will I say to Simone? Will I mention it? I dint think I will. Saves me from getting yelled at by her. The. My mind drifted to Dallas and how I think of him and how I think he thinks of me. Then I asked myself
     'Will he ever think of me the way I think of him?'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ A/n
I know Bloodshot was published in 1973 but I think the gang would listen to it.