Chapter Two

My debutante ball was the night I always thought it would be.

I got to wear a beautiful white dress, have my dad proudly presented me into society, and I got to waltz with Parker.

It felt like it was yesterday that we were upstairs in his hotel room about to have sex and then my brother walked in.

We were about two hours into the ball and everyone was really going.

Our parents were drunk (so were our siblings), everyone was dancing, teenagers were making out with their boyfriends/girlfriends in the hallway, there was a lot going on.

And how wild was I getting?

I was sitting at a table in the very back corner of the ballroom with Parker Fitzgerald.

"I don't know if I told you today, but you look beautiful." Parker's eyes sparkled as he held eye contact

I scrunched my face together, "What? I can't hear you over the music."

He rolled his eyes with a grin on his face, "You heard me the last two minutes."

Parker held out his hand, "Let's somewhere quieter."

I took his hand and he led me out of the ballroom.

We stood in the hallway for a few seconds just to kind of getaway. I think both of us didn't really know where to go.

Parker's suit jacket was off and his bowtie was a little crooked.

"Parker Reid Fitzgerald, you can't walk around like this." I fixed his bowtie which brought flashbacks

Parker gave me a grin, "You always get me right. Nothing has changed."

We locked eyes, "I guess this is the part where I ask you to come up to my suite."

"Aren't all of your friends in there? Including my brother?" I brought up, "Like for real this time."

"No. They're in the connecting room and it's not like we're sneaking around anymore." Parker spoke, "Let's just go and talk, no funny business."

"Ok." I agreed

Parker grabbed my hand and we stumbled out of the hall to the elevator.

We stood on the elevator together and it was silent.

Until he turned towards me.

"Anyway, what I was saying when you 'couldn't hear me' is that you are without a doubt the most beautiful girl here." Parker suavely spoke

I felt a smile creep up on my face, "You've always been good with words."

Parker and I walked into the room and it was huge. The view of the city was amazing and just how I remembered it. I could hear my brother and their friends' next door with the loud muffled music and the smell of alcohol seeping through the door.

"Want something to drink?" he asked walking over to the minibar

"Trying to loosen me up?" I questioned him as I sat on the edge of the bed

He looked back at me, "And myself. Vodka cranberry or champagne?"

God, he knew me so well.

"Vodka cranberry," I answered his question, "I've had a lot of champagne today."

Parker fixed my drink and then he sat down on the bed with whiskey in his hand.

"You're a whiskey man now?" I asked him as I sipped my drink through a straw. My Mom would kill me if I stained this dress.