Chapter Thirteen

Damn, it felt good to be back in California.

The weather was slightly warmer, the palm trees were beautiful, and I could wait to sleep in my own bed and eat my Mom's food.

"So are we going to talk about the elephant in the room?" my Mom asked me as we drove on the way home from the airport

I looked out of the window, "I guess we can."

"You know he's going to be at the ball tomorrow? I invited him over for dinner but his mom wanted home to eat dinner with their family." my Mom informed me

I looked over at her as she came to a red light, "Which sibling spilled the beans?"

"It was an equal effort over dinner last night." she enlightened me, "So everyone knows now, I'm sorry."

I sighed, "It's fine, I don't really care. It's just that not everyone knows the whole story."

"Do you wanna stop by Lemonade and just have a mother-daughter talk?" my mom suggested

I nodded, "Yeah that would be great."

My mom and I both got salads because we had tight dresses that we intend on wearing tomorrow. But the salds ended up pretty good.

"So, EPK what's going on?" my mom began

"Well, mom, I have a boyfriend of ten months." I saw the look of shock come over her face, Not PArker though."

She just stared at me, "And you didn't tell me? Is it that Brad dude?

"Yeah." I confirmed, "It's not that I didn't think that it would last this long. I know it been a while but I'm still kind of stuck on Parker. I'm not sure if its actually because of Parker or the idea of Parker."

My mom stirred her lemonade, "That is a tough spot to be in but you know what I've always told you. Follow your heart."

"I know. I wanna get to know Parker all over again but I don't know how to do that without pissing Bradley off or anything." I continued to vent

"As long as you aren't getting to know Parker romantically, I don't see the problem or why Bradley would be upset." she advised me, "Just something to think about."

I took a bite of my salad, "I need to sleep on it. For many nights."

Even though my Mom and sisters were here to help me get ready, I still had the best team to help me get ready for the ball.

This time we were all going to the fancy charity ball.

Everyone loved a chance to dress up for a good cause.

"It's so nice to all be together again," Lilia spoke as she straightened her hair, "Plus I can't wait to see everyone's dresses."

Zara looked at me, "A little birdie told me that someone special would be in attendance tonight."

I grinned, "Yeah. Plus the rest of their high school gang will be in attendance tonight. If anyone wants to shoot their shot, I strongly encourage it."

Lilia let out a sigh of relief, "Oh hell yeah. Declan has been looking super good."

"Jack Clayton says hello!" Alena put in

Too bad Parker was the cutest out of all of them.

I looked in the mirror, "Yup I think it's time to pull out the dress! I think all of you will love it."

I pulled out the black, floor-length dress. That might of given them deja vu.
I loved the black glittery fabric, the plunge V-neck, and the faux fur on the shoulders.