Chapter Thirty

The lunch that I once dreaded attending with my parents quickly became one that I looked forward to.

I was so excited to tell them that I wasn't doing this whole parenting gig by myself.

I think they were happier about Parker's mature decision than I was. If that was even possible. After that picnic, I was on cloud nine.

Today we were finding out what we were having and we were leaving for Italy in just a little over twenty-four hours.

"Oh my gosh, look at you!" Parker beamed as he walked into the bathroom. I sprayed on some setting spray and then looked over at him. "You look absolutely stunning."

"Thank you." I grinned. "Are you excited?"

He nodded. "Are you ready because I can't wait to find out?"

"I am now but you know my mom and Lydia will want everyone to get there and eat first." I reminded him

I looked in the mirror one last time before we left. I had on a simple white maxi dress, my hair was in loose curls, and I did my makeup all-natural and dewy.

When we pulled up to my parents' house there were already cars lined up and down the street. Someone tied pink and blue balloons onto the mailbox.

My parents and sisters really outdid themselves with decorations and food.

There was a balloon wall with pink and blue balloons with a sign on top that read 'Baby Fitzgerald'. Pink and blue cake pops, donuts, strawberries, cupcakes, pretzels, it was quite the spread. There were pink and blue pins for people to choose what they thought what we were having along with a name suggestion box.

They really did the damn thing.

"Do you like it?" my mom asked me. I looked at all of the guests in our backyard as music blasted from the speakers. This baby was so loved already.

"I love it!" I exclaimed. "How long did it take to decorate everything?"

She shrugged. "A while but London and Paris helped a lot. They keep me young and my spirits up. They make dealing with the loss a little easier. I don't know what I would be like if I were an empty nester at a time like this. That new grandbaby will make it easier too."

Damn.

I didn't realize how broken she still was.

I gave her a side hug. "I love you, Mom."

"I love you more." she squeezed me closer to her. "We'll do the reveal in an hour."

"Sounds good." I said to her before she walked away.

I talked to our guests who were mostly friends from high school and some from college, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and family friends.

They were all excited for Parker and I. We got a lot of questions about names, college, and just how we've been doing since Asher passed away.

I couldn't even focus on the conversations because I just wanted to know what baby Fitzgerald was.

Lydia went over the instructions on how to use the canons over and over again and it was making everyone anxious.

"Ok, Lyd, I think we got it." I pushed away as my heart thumped

Everyone was gathered in a semi-circle in front of Parker and me with their phones out.

"You ready?" Parker turned towards me

I nodded. "So ready."

"On the count of three!" my Dad spoke, "1! 2! 3!"