Chapter Three

The first month of my summer started off was a whirlwind.

My best friends and I took a thirteen-day long cruise for our senior trip. It was our first big trip without our parents. We had a good time, took good pictures, and drank a lot because of the shift in the legal drinking age.

But I was a little hurt to come back to California to find out that Parker had to go back to New York City for business but he always assured me over text that he was coming back next month.

That didn't stop me from having the summer of my life.

After all, everyone I knew from the past eighteen years was about to move on with their lives. So we went to Santa Monica a lot, had a lot of parties, but my favorite thing that came out of the month of July was watching London and Paris' last name change to Keller.

It was a lot of fun seeing them so happy and having two more sisters.

I think everyone's favorite part was seeing our family of seven pictures hanging in the foyer.

London and I were chilling in my room watching a movie while everyone else slept.

Even though we weren't related by blood, we had a lot in common. I swore she was twelve year old me.

"Isn't that Parker?" she pointed out the picture on my nightstand

I nodded, "We used to date when I was in eleventh grade and then we broke up when he moved away."

That simple question turned into an hour-long conversation on the history of Parker Fitzgerald and I. It was fun to look back on the past and realize how dumb we were.

"Speak of the devil, he just texted me." I looked down at my phone, "Looks like we're hanging out tomorrow."

"Do you still like him?" London asked me

I nodded my head, "I'll always like him. I think the real question is if I still love him the way I did in the past."

"I'm sure both of you will figure it out." London yawned

"Tired?" I questioned her and she responded with a nod, "I'll let you go to bed then or you can sleep in here."

She shook her head as she climbed out of my bed, "No thanks, you're a horrible sleeper. Night, Pey."

"Goodnight, Londie." I watched her walk out of my room and close the door behind her

I went to bed for what felt like a minute before I was up getting ready for my not a date with Parker.

Have you ever listened to a song and then suddenly it just reminded you of someone?

That song was 'Still Into You' by Paramore, god I always associated it with Parker. I kinda hated myself for it.

"Where are you going looking all cute?" my Mom asked me as I walked into the kitchen to grab my keys