Chapter Seventeen

Being back in New York was a good and bad feeling.

I was tired of walking past Asher's empty room, all of those funeral flowers, and seeing my family so sad. But life went on.

By Tuesday I was back in school and I had a pretty big load of work to catch up on but my heaven-sent professors excused some work. I skipped going to my internship because I wasn't quite ready to face Bradley yet and I still needed time just to feel like myself.

"Going to work tomorrow?" Alena asked me as I sat on the couch doing homework

I looked up at her, "Yup. My parents think that it would be good for me."

"Are you nervous to see Bradley?" she wondered as she sat down on the couch across from me

"I mean, yeah." I got out, "I've just been thinking a lot lately and I feel like I owe Parker an apology."

Alena had a look of confusion come over her face, "For what?"

"Remember when I saw him outside of the restaurant when we weren't on good terms?" Alena nodded her head, "I called him William and told him that he shouldn't have changed his name because he was just like his Dad."

Yikes.

I still couldn't believe that left my mouth.

"I shouldn't have said that whatsoever." I began to think, "That was so wrong of my especially when I know he isn't anything like his Dad, and if he has one goal in life it's to not be like William.

"Then why did you say it?" Alena questioned me

I shifted around, "Because I know him and I knew how much it would hurt him. I wanted to hurt him the same way he hurt me. But two wrongs don't make a right."

"That's true but there's one thing I've been wanting to bring up to you." Alena started, "Pey you know I love you and that you're my best friend until the day I die."

"But don't you think you owe Bradley an apology too? After all, you did post that snapchat with Parker like a day after you broke up with him. Plus the caption was kinda like a punch in the face to Bradley."

My face sunk, "Was it really? I didn't mean it like that."

"Well, I just heard that he didn't take it so well." Alena informed me

I sighed, "Oh God. Tomorrow will be interesting."

"Yeah." she responded, "I just wanted to bring it to your attention because I know you're going through a lot right now."

Deep sigh.

"Good morning Miss. Keller." Christine spoke as I signed in, "I hope you're doing better."

I gave a reassuring smile, "Taking it day by day. Thank you for asking. I hope you've been well.

"I have! I hope you have a good birthday this weekend." she told me

"How'd you know?" I asked her

She winked, "A little birdy. Have a good day."

"You too." I told her before walking up to my office

And Jesus Christ, Sabrina did not hesitate to give me a bunch of paperwork, volunteer me to show someone how to use excel or to go make copies.

I turned around from the copy machine to see Bradley wearing a black suit with a plaid print tie.

"Hey." I awkwardly greeted him

"You could've been honest with me and told me that it was about him." Bradley jumped right into the conversation