Chapter Twenty One

I loved being back in Los Angeles.

New York was fun to explore and always had something going on, Florida had a lot of good memories, but nothing came close to being in my hometown.

September meant that it was time to pack up and head back to the east coast.

Luckily I had a boyfriend to help me get my shit together. 

Parker would always and forever be special to me. What other guys would help you deep clean your childhood room for seven hours?

Before we went back to the big apple, we had dinner with Parker's mom and stepfamily. I didn't know who was more excited that we were back together, us or our parents.

Truth be told, it was probably Asher even if he wasn't physically here.

"Ready to get back to the cold?" Parker questioned me as we sat on the boat we rented for a day

We made the impulsive decision to go on a three day getaway in Lake Tahoe. I always loved a good road trip and the seven-hour one here was nothing short of that. It was filled with karaoke, fast food breaks, and taking pictures along the way at weird pitstops.

"I always loved fall in the city now winters not so much." I answered his question, "Gosh this place doesn't even look or feel real."

The water was crystal clear and blue. 

Don't even get me started on the landscape.

Parker wrapped his arms around my waist, "How did I get so lucky? Thank God that he led me back to you."

He kissed my neck, "Going back to the city won't change anything between us."

"I love you, my baby." I beamed as I ran my fingers through his hair

"Well Ellie, I love you more." he said to me 

I was facing him with my hands on his cheeks, "Not possible."

We had a good three days in the sun.

It was always nice to get away from everyone and just be with your favorite person in the world.

Then school started again.

None of my professors hesitated in stacking up schoolwork but in a weird way, I missed it. I missed crying over homework with Alena, sorority events, and walking everywhere instead of driving.

September was a really good month for me. 

I got a chair position at my sorority, I was doing well in school and most of all I was having fun. I loved going on fun dates with Parker or surprising him at his office. It was nice to be back together period.

I walked into Parker's office to see him on the phone with his feet propped up on his desk. I gave him a kiss on his forehead before I took off my coat and sat on the couch.

Guess now would be a great time to get started on my homework.

Ugh, nevermind my brain couldn't hand that right after principles of business.

"What's up Elle?" he plopped down next to me

"I got us lunch." I held up the brown paper bag, "It's burgers and fries from one of your favorite spots."

He took the containers out of the bag, "You're the best. How was class?"

"There was a lot going on today but it went well." I responded, "Are you having a good day?"

"I can't complain. We need to figure out the food situation for the ball. We could do a buffet or plated." he brought up

Buffet = lots of germs going on and long lines. Then again people were picky and had lots of special diets going on nowadays.