Chapter Thirty Two

I couldn't believe I was saying this but I finally finished college. It felt good to have a bachelor's under my belt and maybe my masters was next.

It felt nice to finally be back in California and living with Parker. Our baby girl had so many clothes, diapers, and lots of headbands. The nursery was completely finished other than her statement name piece above the bed because we still hadn't picked out a name.

However, I did go get myself a new mommy SUV and a car seat for my little princess.

I went downstairs to see Parker sitting at the breakfast table on his laptop.

"Hey, babe." I greeted him as I opened up the refrigerator.

He looked over at me. "Hey, where are you going?"

"My parents' house." I answered his question as I grabbed a water bottle. "My mom wants me to come to pick up some things and then I'm going to get my sisters from school."

"Do you still have that virtual meeting?" I asked Parker.

He nodded his head. "It looks like she dropped a lot."

I looked in the mirror and he was right. All that was fitting these days was leggings and oversized sweaters.

"We still have three weeks to go." I let out a deep breath.

Parker let out a laugh. "I don't know about that Ellie."

"Do you wanna decorate our naked Christmas tree tonight?" Parker asked me.

I nodded. "We should definitely do that tonight."

"Perfect. I'll see you later." Parker said to me as I grabbed my keys.

"Bye, I love you." I gave him a kiss.

"I love you more." he smiled at me. "Text me when you make it there."

"I will." I promised him.

I got into my car and started the damn near hour drive to my parents' house. I stopped and got McDonald's breakfast before I got there.

"Look at you!" that was the first thing my mom said as I walked in. "I think my granddaughter is coming sooner rather than later."

"Parker said the same thing." I said to her as I pointed to my feet. "Look how swollen they are."

My mom looked down at my feet. "Yeah, I had the worst swelling when I was pregnant with Asher."

"You know, I was going through his room and I found pictures of you two. Do you wanna come up and see?" my mom offered.

"Of course." I agreed to it.

I walked upstairs to where everyone's bedrooms were. Lydia's old bedroom was now Paris' room and my room was being converted into a gameroom. Even though my mom's biological kids rooms were changing, Asher's stayed the same. It still smelled like him, had the bean bags that him and Parker would always sit in during high school, and the mural of all of his favorite albums.

My mom opened the closet and I sat down on the bed.

I looked over at his nightstand and there was still Sage sitting there. I  almost forgot that he used to be into cleansing his spaces.

My mom handed me a picture of Parker, Asher, and I outside on the playground. I was about seven years old and while they looked to be eight.

"Oh my goodness." I huge smile came over my face.  "Who would've thought things turned out the way they did?"

"There's more." My mom handed me a stack of pictures.

There were picture of Asher and Parker, Asher and me, and then some trio pictures. The oldest picture in there was from the photobooth of my thirteenth birthday. It was crazy how much could change in a decade.