part five

I just really like that picture. Don't know if I'll make it part of the story. If you see that picture again in the story it mean I'm making it part of the story. Should I add it in?

Jack's pov*

"I wanted to see my mom..." Y/n smiled a sad smile. It broke my heart hearing this kid. I don't think she'll trust us anytime soon.

"When was the last time you saw your mom?" She looked at me then looked back at the ground. She teared up a little, but wiped her tears away not wanting us to see them.

"Last month..." Her voice was almost unheard. She was really quiet. Mark looked like he was gonna cry for her. "My mom has been trying to find a job to get me into a better living space. When I'm with my dad I..." She started to tear up again. Instead of finishing her sentence she just pulls up her sleeves. Her arms were covered in bruises. Some faded, some fairly new.

Mark gasped a little, shocked. I felt like couldn't breathe. Now for sure, I'm not taking her back to her father. "Shes been trying to get me out for two years... "

Mark and I looked at each other. We had no idea what to do for Y/n. Until I thought of an idea.

"Do you know your mom's number?" She looked at me. I think she knew where I was going with this. She nodded but still looked sad.

"She"  won't respond. I've tried texting her from other people's phones before and she never responded." That's odd. Usually if a parent gets a text or a call from someone saying "hey mom" they'll at least awnser it.

"Do you at least want to try? There's at least a chance that she'll reply." She nodded, her eyes were a little droopy. "Do you want to try in the morning?" She nodded again and yawned. "Ok c'mon. Let's get you to bed." She got up and we all headed back in.

Your pov*

"You know you can sleep on my bed. It's a lot comfier than the couch" I looked at Mark. It was a nice gesture but I don't want to be a burden taking his stuff away from him. Besides I don't deserve a bed. I usually slept on the floor anyway.

"But then where will you sleep?" Mark looked at a chair in the living room. "N-no you can sleep in your room Mark... I-i dont want to take your bed. I don't deserve one anyway. " I said the last part quietly so they wouldn't hear me.

"Well I want you to be comfortable. Besides I don't think Sean wants to take you. " I couldn't hear the last words he said because he whispered it in Sean's ear. Sean looked away. I didn't realize he had been staring at me the while time.

He looked back at me. "He's not gonna stop until you agree." Mark almost laughed at what Sean said.

"Nope" you looked at Mark in defeat. Mark started walking and you followed, Sean behind you. You didn't really get a good look at the place earlier while running, so you decided to look at the stuff on the walls while walking to marks room. He really did have a nice place.

You got to marks room and got into the bed. You still felt bad cause you didn't want Mark to be uncomfortable in his own house. "Night Y/n" they both said as they walked out of the room. You quietly got out of the bed and sat down in the corner again. You knew you were going to have a bad dream again cause you did every night. Might as well not scare them in the middle of the night. You settled down a little in the corner hoping your mom would awnser you in the morning. She probably won't.

"Good night guys."

Ok but seriously should I make that picture happen in the book? I feel like it might add a nice touch but I want you guys to let me know. Also over 80 reads already?? Thank you guys.