11 ↠ reality sucks

     EVERYTHING IN ARKADIA SEEMED normal as the days went on. People went about their normal business accepting the fact that Lane was back. Of course, some rude onlookers would shoot her a glare or two, but Lane was getting better at not letting those people get to her. Most of her focus stayed on the memories that were slowly coming back to her. She processed the information as it came, and all the pieces appeared to be leading to the fact that Lane had something to do with the end of the world. She was the only person with the access code, and clearing she gave it up for some reason. But why would she do that? Did ALIE find it in her memories, or did she finally break? Maybe Lane would remember soon. 

     She hadn't shared any of her memories with anyone because she was afraid of the reaction she would get. People would think she was crazy. Well, they already thought she was crazy, but saying 'hey I think I may have caused the end of the world'.... that was a different kind of crazy.

     Lane decided that at the moment, there wasn't very much she could so about all the shit going on in her life. So, she went to the bar with Jasper for a drink or two until she eventually lost count, and for the first time since she woke up in this shithole of a world, she was laughing. 

     The bartender seemed to find amusement in the two of them, "Jasper is always drunk, but I've never seen you around the bar."

     Lane looked at the bartender. She had curly brown hair and was about average height, "I'm Lane," Lane offered her a hand. "Everyone around here thinks I'm going to murder them."

    Jasper laughed, "She probably could if she wanted to, though. Lane has crazy ninja skills," Jasper did a ninja chop with his right hand and knocked over his cup. "Oops. Sorry, Gina."

     Gina chuckled, "Don't worry about it," she kept her attention on Lane. "Oh yeah, you're the girl Bellamy found."

     "Shhhh," Jasper said as he put a finger in front of Gina's lips. "We don't say that name."

     Gina gave Jasper a weird look as Lane rolled her eyes, "Jasper is just being overdramatic. I barely know Bellamy." Lane glanced over Gina with suspicion, "but you seem to know him."

    Lane saw a blush creep onto Gina's cheeks, "Yeah um... we're friends."

     Jasper raised an eyebrow, "Not to pry on your life or anything, but that doesn't seem like the entire truth, Gina."

     Gina sighed, "What the hell, you're both too drunk to remember this conversation anyway," Lane already knew the inevitable truth before it came out of Gina's mouth. "I mean, there haven't been any official labels or anything, but he's my... boyfriend I guess."

     Jasper spit out his drink as Lane's heart dropped in her chest. Jasper seemed to take the news harder than Lane, "You and Bellamy... are... together?" Gina nodded, and Jasper turned to Lane. "Thanks for the drinks, Gina, but me and Lane need to go."