15↠ brotherly love

As you can tell by the gif, Clarke will finally be in the story after all this time. Also, all my Blane shippers, just a reminder, Bellamy and Lane's relationship is a slow burn. This chapter may make you angry, but just remember it's only chapter fifteen :) We're not even halfway yet. I hope you enjoy! 

     WAKING UP IN POLIS during the early hours of the morning, a light fog covering the green expanse of land outside the capitol city, was different

     WAKING UP IN POLIS during the early hours of the morning, a light fog covering the green expanse of land outside the capitol city, was different. Lane sat up, rubbing her tired eyes as she walked through the guest-chamber, pulling on a thin sweater and a pair of pants. She tied back her hair into a comfortable ponytail as she looked into the ornate mirror by the bed. It was hard for her to control her thoughts as she wondered if Bellamy and the others had found Clarke. Her mind lingered on Bellamy, his freckled face and deep eyes that always saw right through the masks she put on in front of people.

     This was Lane's third day in Polis. Yesterday, she was in an hour-long meeting with Lexa and Hagen as they discussed the rumors that the Ice Nation was slowly building an army, trying to get other clans to join in on their coo. Lexa asked Lane about her time in Arkadia, and she had to tell her about the run-in with the Ice Nation scouts, mainly because Hagen already knew about it and probably wouldn't defend the sky people as Lane would. 

     The Commander understood, not seeming too worried about what happened. She said the Ice Nation would be getting more violent, no matter what anyone did. Lane wanted to ask about Clarke, about the bounty on her head, but Lexa was called out of the meeting to deal with another matter before she could. 

     On a more positive side, Lane was getting better with her Trigedasleng. The three-hour lessons with Otis and the extra practice with Hagen every night after dinner were paying off. She wasn't an expert or anything, but Lane felt more confident in her conversation skills. She could understand more and more each day as she walked through the halls, catching words from passing conversations. 

   A soft knock on the door of her room caught Lane's attention. She walked to the door, pulling it open and finding Hagen standing before her. Lane raised her eyebrows, glancing at his casual attire. She hardly ever saw him without his armor on. His clothing was a sign of great respect he had earned from the Commander and the other grounders in Polis. 

     "What are you doing here?"

     Hagen shrugged, "Heda has meetings with the Ambassadors all day. It's sunny outside, and I figured that you would want to get out of here for a while."

     Lane crossed her arms over her chest, "You know, for someone who apparently so many  important jobs here, you sure have a lot of free time."

     Hagen leaned against the doorpost, "Maybe one of my jobs is keeping an eye on you."

     Lane put her hand on the door, ready to close it, "Well, in that case, I'd rather stay in here all day. I don't need you up my ass twenty-four-seven, Hagen, so you can just relax and find something better to do."