I

Someday in the 1970s

Trickles of rain fell on Iris's window. Iris Reyes is a 17-year-old high school student. She was doing some history homework, for she had an exam the next week. "Iris!" A familiar voice yelled.

"Hey, Amy!" Iris said excitedly. Her Aunt Amy was the only person who knew her mutant abilities. She lived with her aunt in her apartment in New York. Iris lived in Vermont before her parents died when she was 7.

Iris had the powers of telepathy. She read Amy's mind, "Iris you have to do the dishes now. No arguing." Amy was aware that Iris was reading her mind at the time.

"Now? I'm doing homework! I have a big test next week and I'm currently flunking history!" she messaged in her aunt's mind.

"Alright, good excuse. But if I catch you not doing homework, you'll have to do the dishes and the laundry for a week." Amy finally said out loud.
"Fine." She said in Amy's mind. Then Amy went out of her room and shut the door behind her. Iris used to be a straight-A student until the discovery of her powers distracted her, only thinking about how to control them. She also has fire powers, telekineses, and she could turn invisible. Instead of doing homework or studying, she would try to practice her powers and try to learn how to control it. She used to become invisible uncontrollably and she always heard people's thoughts in the hallway at school. Sometimes, it would stress her out. She then kept studying and doing her homework.

~~The next day~~

Iris woke up. She was sitting on her chair and drool was on her homework. She realized she fell asleep last night and saw the unfinished homework. "Shit!" she yelled. That wasn't her only problem. It was 8:40 am. She was late for school. Her Aunt Amy has to work every day. She leaves at 3:45 am and comes back at 2:00 pm so Iris was alone.

She quickly changed into a Pink Floyd shirt with jeans and a leather jacket. She then tried to get all her homework and folders and stuffed them in her backpack. Then she slightly brushed her hair and rushed downstairs and put on her red shoes then ran to school. She didn't want anyone to see her run so she just turned invisible. She couldn't control her powers well; she was turning invisible and visible. She shrugged and decided to not use her powers. Then she finally arrived at her high school.

It was already passing period between homeroom and first period. She went to her locker, put away things and grabbed some stuff. When she closed her locker she saw him. A boy with silvery hair, a leather jacket with headphones covering his ears. Iris hated reading minds but everyone's thoughts enter her brain once she looks at them. She never saw him before and he wasn't in any of her classes. Then, she saw that he was listening to Pink Floyd. Iris did not have friends at all during her 3 months of 12th grade. She was anti-social. Then, she went up to him. "Pink Floyd is great.. but have you listened to The Rolling Stones?" she said to him trying to start a conversation. She looked at him and noticed how alike they were.

He took off the headphones and placed them on his neck. "I mean yeah they're cool but Pink Floyd is obviously way better.. Who are you?"

"I'm Iris. Iris Reyes... We haven't talked at al- I never talked to anyone at all..." she replied.

"Well, I'm Peter Maximoff. I see you're a Pink Floyd fan... and The Rolling Stones." He pointed at Iris's shirt then he pointed at his own. He was wearing the same Pink Floyd shirt as Iris's. Then he reached out his hand and Iris shook it.

"So anyway... I'll talk to you later?" Iris asked.

"Anything for a Pink Floyd fan," he smirked. Iris opened her mouth as she was about to say something, but the loud bell rang, irritating herself.

"See ya later!" she said to him as they walked the opposite direction. Then she thought to herself, "Maybe I will have a friend in this school after 3 years..."

School sucked for Iris now. She wanted to see Peter again because she thought they had a lot in common. She read his mind at that time, "She seems pretty cool.. I mean she does like Pink Floyd.." and blushed thinking about it.

School finally ended. As she walked home she felt a calm and cool presence. It was from Peter. Her face lit up when she saw him walk next to her. She thought that they would become great friends.

"Hey," Peter said to Iris.

"Hey!" Iris exclaimed. "So, can I check out your music? I'm sure there must be a lot of songs I like."

"Aww but I'm listening to my favorite song... This is my favorite part.." He frowned.

Iris giggled. "Alright but after that song, I get to listen to your cassette," She said, smiling, her cheeks pink and rosy.

She listened to a lot of songs from Peter's cassette. There were mostly just Pink Floyd songs. They walked each other home and Iris was finally at her stop.

"So... wanna hang with me after school tomorrow?" Peter said as he grabbed the headphones from Iris's ears.

"Of course!" she exclaimed. "But do you think we can hang out now?"

"Oh yeah if you're not busy," he said to her excited face.

"I'll go ask my aunt. Wait right here!" She said as she ran to the apartment. They were on the first floor, so it was quick.

Iris wasn't there to witness it but in Peter's head he thought, "Oh damn, she's cute." And he smiled, looking down.

She opened the apartment doors and ran outside to Peter. "She said yes! So, where do you wanna go?" Iris asked happily.

"We could stop by the diner, get some milkshakes and fries. And maybe we could hang out at my house after." Peter said. Iris admired his features and personality. She didn't know anyone would have that much in common with her. Could she really be falling for him?