IX

It was finally the day Iris was going to go to Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. She was excited and wasn't at the same time. Peter was next to her on her bed. She smiled and Peter woke up. "Morning," Peter said.

Peter scooted closer to her and put his hand on her shoulder. "Good morning, Maximoff," Iris replied. She smiled. "I should go get breakfast and change. Wanna... come? To the kitchen?"

"Ahhh I'm tired." Peter groaned. "Five more minutes?"

"You can go super fast and you literally run to places so fast without getting tired. Now you're tired?"

"Alright fine," Peter smirked.

Iris stood up and Peter stood up after her. "I'm just going to make some... eggs. Want some?" Iris asked.

"Sure. Wow, I didn't know you could cook. What can you not do?"

"Control my powers, get good grades... that's what I can't do..." Iris said quietly.

Peter kissed her head. "Don't say that. You're going to that gifted youngster's place and they'll teach you how to control your powers..." He lifted up her chin with his finger. "And you're intelligent, Iris... you just have been focusing on something that's not school."

Iris chuckled. "Thanks, Peter... stop making me want to make-out with you every second."

Peter tittered. "I just want to make-out with you without you having to say anything. You're so beautiful."

"So you just want to make-out with me because of my looks?" Iris raised an eyebrow.

"Not only because of your looks. Your personality, your charms, your smile. Your-" Peter got interrupted. Iris pressed her lips on his when he was going to say something. He cupped her face and kissed back while she held the back of his head, feeling his silvery hair. They finally pulled away and gasped for air.

"Time to make eggs." She said, smiling.

Petet smirked and looked down, thinking about something. "Ay! We'll do that in the future." Iris smirked.

"I forgot you could read minds..." Peter said, tittering.

Iris giggled. Then, she was just cooking eggs. They ate breakfast while flirting with each other making them want to kiss each other and never stop.

"You still going to take me to school? Hold on I gotta change first." Iris said. She went to the bathroom in her room.

"I could do that for you if you get the clothes you wanna wear!" He called out.

"No, I'm good!" She called out back, giggling.

She finished changing. "So shall we go to school?"

"Yeah..." He said stuck in her eyes. Peter carried her bridal style and got her luggage and electric guitar case. Then, he sped up and ran to school. There were other people walking in. A lot of them looked like normal kids, but they actually have powers.

"I'll see you, Peter..." Iris said. Then she whispered in his ear, "I love you." And she kissed his cheek. Peter smirked and sped back.

Iris went to the entrance and saw the grass beneath her feet. She assumed that Charles was in the building. As Iris entered the building, she called out, "Hello? Professor uh Charles? I'm new and uh yeah..."

Then, a man approached her. "Ah. You must be Iris Reyes. Welcome to the X-Mansion."

"Could you read minds?" Iris asked.

"Yes. A long time ago when you were terribly injured... I saw you at the hospital. Things were... odd. Objects were moving up and the ground was unusual. You were a mutant. I gave your aunt an acceptance letter for my school. I knew you couldn't control your powers. And it would be dangerous if you still attended your high school." He put his hands together.

"Well, that. Explains everything... so... You'll help me control my powers?"

"Precisely." He smiled. Now, you should go outside before school actually starts. And say hi to Peter for me when you get to your dorm."

"Thanks... how did you- nevermind... how am I supposed to know what room I will be 'dorming' in?" Iris asked.

"It says in your acceptance letter. Now go!" He said cheerfully.

Iris left the building. She went back to the friend group and went to a girl. "Hey uh do you know where this dorm is?" She said pointing at the number on the crumpled paper.

"Hey, that's my dorm number!" She smiled.

"Great! Is it alright if I stick with you for the remainder of the day?" Iris asked. "I'm sorry, I'm new and it's just. Y'know..."

"Sure." She smiled.

"Thanks."

~~~~~~

Classes finally ended and went to her dorm. "Hey, this place has a telephone here?" Iris questioned.

"Yes. Right there." She pointed at the telephone on the wall.

"Thanks." She smiled.

She put in numbers and said, "Peter? Hi!"

"Rainbow! Hey. How were your classes?" Peter replied.

"Fine. It's just not the same since your not there... I miss you already." Iris said.

"I miss you too. Maybe I'll visit there soon. Or you could visit my house so we could get more... privacy?"

"That would be nice." Iris giggled. "So uh Professor Xavier told me to tell you he said hi... he could read minds cause at that time all I thought about was... you."

"Aww so sweet. So should we call later? You should do homewo-"

"I don't have any... I want to keep talking to you but I am kinda tired of standing up, talking to you..."

"Alright, then I'll call you later..." Peter said. "I love you, Iris. So much... just be safe."

"I love you too... bye." Then the call ended. She put the phone back on the wall. Peter was also now home-schooled.

"So... is Peter your step-dad or something. I mean if he was your dad, you would call him Dad instead of his name."

"No. It was my boyfriend, Peter Maximoff." Iris replied.

"Is he a mutant too?" She asked.

"Yes. He can run like very fast..."

"Very very fast? Nice... so you love him?" The girl asked, interested.

"Of course... if I didn't I wouldn't tell that to him..." Iris was thinking of the time she said that to him. That she wouldn't have told him if she didn't.

"You must have a close relationship." She giggled. "Anyway, I'm just gonna listen to music." She paused and saw her guitar case. "You play the guitar?"

"Yep. Don't ask me to play it, though. I'm not in the mood." She giggled. "It reminds me of Peter. It's how he found out I was a mutant. I was going to play the guitar for him but then when I played a chord, I turned invisible. Then reappeared." She sighed.

"All right." She said, putting on her headphones.

Then Iris thought about Peter. She remembered they were always with each other. When they made-out, cuddled and flirted with each other. Iris sighed again. They were inseparable. Without each other, they would fall apart.

I don't know that much about the school and Professor X, so please tell me in the comments if there is something wrong. Hope you enjoyed this chapter :)