XV

"Thanks for the lift, Pete," Mark said, patting his shoulder. Everyone was in the forest where they were.

"You guys remember the plan?" Iris questioned. Everyone nodded. "Alright... no turning back."

They all walked in the damaged, invisible door.

I like making my books like movies so the music in the background would be "Paralyzer" by finger eleven :)

They found the door and Peter kicked it open. Ledger used his powers to make every guard not see them as Iris and her dad's telepathy helped.

"You ready?" Elise questioned to Iris.

"I was born ready." She smirked.

There were blue dust and electricity everywhere. It was Iris. She burned the guards with blue flames. She made some people pass out. Then, her mom went separate ways and knocked out other guards. Elise pushed a guard in the stone wall, merging him in it and she trapped multiple guards in a tight room. Then, she added water in the room while they struggled to swim high until the whole room they were stuck in was an ocean. They all drowned.

~~~~~~

Ledger tried to find Azrail Gailman with Mark. They beat some guards in their way. Then a door said "Gailman."

"I'm assuming this is his office," Mark said.

"Yeah, it is..." They opened it and there was Azrail, doing something with his computer as a male mutant was stuck in a cage. Ledger made themselves invisible to the two.

~~~~~~

Peter used his Vibronics to break the glass of the caged mutants and took them outside. "Just like Xavier's school, huh." He took many outside and took his sweet, sweet time. "This isn't hard at all." He smirked, taking the worried faces of a woman and a child.

~~~~~~

As Iris and Elise were walking, trying to find more guards, they bumped into each other. "I think we got them all," Elise said to Iris.

"Yeah. Good work, Mom." Iris smiled.

They then walked while a red light flashed on and off, making a loud noise. "It's alright if there's some dumb alarm... we knocked out all of those jerks, right?" Iris questioned.

"Yeah... hopefully Ledger and your dad got to Gailman."

~~~~~~

Mark made Azrail sleep and after he passed out, they tied him to his chair. They then noticed the male stuck in a cage. Mark messaged Peter to free him. In a second, the cage was broken and the mutant was gone. Then, Gailman woke up.

"Ah, it's my escaped mutant. Mark, was it? And... Ledger. You're lucky you escaped..."

"Shut up, Gailman." Mark hissed. "What are you planning to do?"

"You mutants are so naive. I'm extracting the energy from mutants and inserting it to myself. I'm stealing their powers. It's simple. If they die, it doesn't matter." Gailman explained.

"You captured all of us. We never volunteered." Ledger added.

"Does it look like I care about your stupid feelings and lives? You guys are monsters! But your powers... they could make me rule the world... I've risked everything and this... this actually works... an extraction was... successful." Gailman smirked. It was an evil, smug smile.

"What-" Mark got interrupted by a large blast. It was Azrail. He had pyrokinesis. He burned the ropes and escaped.

"I'm powerful already! You can't defeat me!" Then, he put a ring of fire on the floor around the two. "That was from that smug little girl Darbie Ember... I'm going to get all the mutants' powers and you cannot stop me. It will be a combination of the most powerful abilities alive!" He yelled, the fire reflecting on his eyes.

Suddenly, Iris went into the room. "D-dad?" She looked at Azrail. "Gailman, you bitch!" She screamed and set him on fire.

"You can't do that, little lady! If you burn me, it will cause an explosion. All your little friends here will die." She stopped and cried while Gailman laughed.

Then, she had an angry face. It was full of hatred. "You asshole!" She yelled quickly. Iris screamed, turned invisible and punched him. Blue fire was in her eyes. It was full of vengeance.

She kept punching him as he was getting a bloody nose. Then, Iris absorbed all the flames from the area, and then she was absorbing Gailman's fire abilities. Fire was coming out of his body and entering hers as the fire around Ledger and Mark entered her. Her eyes were turning a pale white and then she released all of the flames on Gailman, causing a small explosion.

A ringing was in Iris's ear. She had cuts on her forehead and had a bloody nose. The crimson red blood slowly dripped out of her mouth. She was sobbing. Gailman was dead. He wasn't breathing. His heart stopped. His eyes were open. He had cold, dead eyes, staring in the distance.

"Iris? Iris?" Peter was now in the room, trying to get Iris up.

"P-peter?" She said, noticing his beautiful, silver locks. "You-you all have to get out of here... there's going to be a large explosion. Gailman might be dead, but this isn't the end. There-there's some kind of bomb here. I think I-I triggered it... it's my fault. Take my parents, take Ledger, take them far from here... I'll try to stop the bomb. If it does go off... you'll be safe..."

Tears started going down Peter's eyes. "No... I can't lose you... I'll help."

"It's the only way, Peter. I love you. Tell my parents I do too."

"No... you have to say that to them... in person."

"Wait." Elise went into the room. "Your dad and I know how to stop a bomb... do you, Iris?"

"I-I could figure it out! I can't lose you!" She screamed.

Ledger stepped in. "I'll stay here with them... it's a two-person job. Elise and Mark. But if they need support, I'll be there for them."

"I-" Then, Iris was back at her house. Peter was there.

"The mutants are at a shelter... it was some kind of invisible mutant shelter..." Peter said.

"Why-why'd you do that?" Iris asked as a tear trickled down her cheek.

"It was the only way, Iris. You didn't know how to stop the bomb, it's risky."

"Peter! I lost my parents again! I-"

"Iris, I can't lose you!" Peter yelled. He never yelled like this. Then, he broke down in tears. "I-I can't lose you..." he murmured.

They both looked at each others' eyes. It was full of tears and sadness. Then, Peter pressed his lips against hers. It was the saddest kisses. It was slow but passionate. Peter started cupping Iris's face while she put her hands on his neck, pulling each other closer. It was slow and sad but it had meaning.

They finally pulled away. "We don't know if they actually... died. They could have-"

"Don't give me hope, Peter." Iris wiped her tears.

"I-I love you, Iris, okay? You mean a lot to me. If there's a stronger word for love, of course, I'd use it." Peter said as tears flooded down. "I don't know if all this sentimental stuff will make you feel better." He chuckled. "But I'm only telling you because it's true."

Iris forced a smile and gave him a hug.

"Baby, I know when you're smiling or not... what will make you smile?" Peter added.

"I don't know anymore, Peter..." Iris frowned. "Probably listening to Pink Floyd while cuddling with you and watching movies..."

"Whatever makes you happy." Peter grinned. Then, Iris crashed her lips on Peter's. It was different. It was rough and fast that Peter started to moan. Iris pushed him into their room and fell on the bed while kissing. They stopped so Iris could remove Peter's shirt and they immediately connected their lips together.

"Hey, Peter, just ditch it," Iris said.

"What? I could get you pre-"

"I don't care, Peter. And know that I'm not drunk or anything... I want you, Pietro Django Maximoff... ravish me... I'm craving you... make me y-" Then she was interrupted by his lips being pressed against her own.