IV

Iris noticed that she turned invisible then visible

Iris noticed that she turned invisible then visible. She mouthed "Shit!" and hope Peter didn't see.

"What was that?" Peter asked gaping.

"W-what was what??" Iris asked nervously.

"Something happened." Peter suspected. "It was like you became invisible. But then you were back to being visible. You were like a flickering light..."

"Th-that was probably your imagination.," Iris said trying to cover for herself.

"Are-are you a mutant, Iris?" Peter asked as Iris was trying to hide it.

"Iris is a mutant! But I'm a mutant too.." Iris heard Peter say in his mind.

"You're a mutant too?!" She said out loud without thinking. Then, she quickly covered her mouth.

"H-how did you know? You could read minds too?" Peter asked again, gaping.

"Yes," Iris said pulling her hair behind her ear. "I have telekinesis, I read minds, I can control the ground and.. make people burn from the inside out..."

"Wow... you're powerful... but if you read minds, how did you not know I was a mutant all along?" Peter asked curiously.

"I don't like reading minds. It's uncontrollable, but when I'm with you... I can control it..." Iris answered.

"But if you can control it when I'm here, why did you turn invi-" Peter got interrupted.

"Can you please stop asking questions?" Iris demanded. She was stressed out because no one else knew. Then she calmed down. "What're your powers?"

Peter disappeared then came back. Iris felt a gust of wind. Peter now had a Pink Floyd cassette in his hand.

"So you can teleport?" Iris asked interestingly.

"Nah. I just run- really fast," Peter responded.

"I always wanted to have this..." She said as she reached for the cassette tape. "Thanks, klepto."

Peter smirked as he handed it to her.

"So is that why you're always at school on time? And why Mr. Wayne the douchebag keeps losing his safety pins?" Iris giggled.

"Yes and yes," Peter said. They both laughed. "So, ya still gonna play something for me?" He asked Iris pointing at her shiny red guitar.

"Yeah actually." She replied. "I memorized this one so it's pretty cool." She adjusted the guitar's action and set its intonation. Then she was ready to play. She played the chords from Summer '68 by Pink Floyd.

"Summer '68 by Pink Floyd!" Peter said amazed as he recognized the chords. Then, he started drumming his fingers on the table.

"Iris! Pete! Come eat now!" Her Aunt Amy yelled. Peter frowned when she said "Pete" and Iris smirked.

"Oh, and does your Aunt know? That you're a mutant?" Peter asked Iris.

"Of course!" Iris said. "She was the only one who knew about it."

Then, they walked to the kitchen. Once they got there, Iris said in Peter's mind, "Can I tell her you're a mutant?" Peter smirked and looked at her.

"Sure." He said in his mind, drumming his fingers on the kitchen counter.

"Hey, Amy?" Iris said as she looked at her. "Peter-Peter's a mutant.. like me."

"Really?" Amy said in surprise. "He knows you are too? Gosh. I've met four mutants in my entire life yet I'm not even one." She chuckled. "Now, go eat some quesadillas." She gestured to the quesadillas on the plate.

Peter and Iris were sitting next to each other, eating. "So, Pete. What are your abilities?" Aunt Amy asked.

"Call me Peter. And I'm just really... really fast." Peter smirked at Iris. They finished eating at approximately 3:15 and hung out in Iris's room until it was 5:00 pm.

"Bye, Silvie!" Iris yelled as Peter walked out the door.

Aunt Amy approached Iris. "So. Prom is coming up. Are you gonna ask Peter?"

"Amy, we're just friends. Besides, he probably doesn't feel that way anyway." Iris said to Amy as she smiled and went to the kitchen. Iris frowned thinking that he probably doesn't like her the other way.

Iris's P.O.V.

I did kinda think of asking Peter to go with me to the prom. I went to my room and saw a sticky note that had Peter's handwriting. I have your history notebook. Come and get it :) it read. Then, I went to tell Aunt Amy if I could go to Peter's house. "He left something here.. can I deliver it to him?" I asked her."

"Yes, but come back before 7:00 alright?" Amy said to me.

"Yep!" I said as I walked out of our apartment. I then walked out of the building. The grass was wet and soft. Why do I feel the grass on my foot? I noticed I forgot my other shoe. Am I that clumsy? Then, I turned around to face the apartment building to head back until- *cLaNk*

Something hard hit my back. I only saw the phantoms of 4 guys. I felt as if the world was closing in on me. They were kicking me as blood came from my mouth. I was screaming in terror. Tears trickled down my cheek. No one else was there. Only me and those mysterious men. It was brutal. I kept screaming and crying. What happened? What did I do? I saw them walk away into a white van. Then I closed my eyes, too weak. All I felt was the pain. I kept screaming in pain. I would've used my powers, but then I fainted. Passed out. I was unconscious.

Peter's P.O.V.

I was waiting until Iris got here and found out I took her notebook. She's just adorable. I played some of Pong, waiting as her notebook was lying on my couch. It took a long time. Maybe she didn't get the note? Maybe it disappeared or went to the trash? I'll just hand it to her myself.

I held the notebook and sped all the way to her apartment. Then I noticed. Her body laying on the floor bleeding. The grass looked weird. It was like there was just some kind of snake inside of the dirt or ground and moved. Wait... she could control the ground? I panicked. "Iris? Iris?!" I tried to wake her up. "Wake up.. c'mon Iris." I then put the notebook on her stomach, I carried her bridal style and rushed to the hospital. What happened.. I thought.