VII

~Skip to the Next Day~

Peter's P.O.V.

It was the day of the prom. I was excited and couldn't sit still. But I never sit still at all. I couldn't wait to see Iris's beautiful face. I was in a tuxedo and my mom adjusted my tie. "Alright so I gotta pick up Iris noww and yeah." I said.

"You're going to run there? Isn't that improper?" Mom said.

"She-"

Then, Lorna (my little sister) ran to the basement where we were. "Are you gonna dance with her? Are you gonna kiss her?" She said excitedly.

I smirked. "Obviously."

"Yay!" And she ran upstairs and I could hear her muffled voice calling Wanda.

Then I turned to Mom and said, "She likes my speed, Mom. Iris. She wouldn't mind."

And before she could say anything, I ran to Iris's apartment in the halls where her room was. Then, I knocked on the door. Amy let me in.

"She's still getting ready.. like after 1 and a half hours already." Amy said as she closed the door when I came in.

3rd Person P.O.V.

Iris was in the bathroom, wearing her dress already. She curled her hair, styled it, added not as much make-up because she knew Peter thought she looked beautiful with and without it. She oddly took her time because she knew Peter was fast to get them there in time.

"I'm almost done, Amy!" She yelled out as she was putting a bobby pin in her hair to style it. "Is Peter here already?"

"I'm here, Rainbow!" Peter called out, smirking.

Once she heard his voice she did a tiny 'victory dance' in the bathroom and finally opened it up.

Peter looked at her, gaping. "Y-you you... beautiful.. look.. lou book yeutiful... YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL!" He said as he stuttered.

Iris giggled at how clumsy he was. She thought it was adorable. Then, Peter got a corsage and put it on Iris's arm. "It's beautiful.." She said looking at the flowers. "You look handsome.." She smiled.

Peter smiled and carried her bridal-style. "Shall we?"

"We shall." Iris smiled. She said bye to Amy, who was crying tears of joy. Then, Peter ran to the school where the prom was held. Nobody saw him, so they were good. They were outside of the school where people were walking in the building to the gymnasium.

Then, Peter noticed his messy hair. He was about to fix it with his hands, but Iris held his arm away from his head. She kissed his cheek and whispered in his ear, "It's perfect." He smiled.

Peter smirked and held Iris's hand and walked inside the building. It was dark, but there were pink and blue and green lights. Then, a band was playing.

"Would you like some punch, Ms. Reyes?" Peter said in a silly voice.

"Yes please, Mr. Maximoff." Iris said also in a weird voice, giggling after.

He went to the table with the drinks and grabbed a plastic cup and filled punch in it. Suddenly, a brown haired guy was talking to his friend about Iris. "Do you see that hot girl over there?" The brown haired guy pointed at Iris.

"Yeah." The friend said.

"I should ask her to dance with me." The brown haired guy said.

"Uh yeah she's mine." Peter said using his arm to block the guy from appoaching. Then, Peter went to Iris, the cup of punch in his hand.

"Here milady." He said smirking.

"Thanks." She smiled, grabbing the cup, and she kissed his cheek.

"Well look at that. She's not single. She's occupied with silver-hairs." The brown hair guy at the punch table said, rolling his eyes.

Iris drank all the punch and threw it away. A couple moments later, the lead singer of the band called out, "This is for all of you lovers out there."
Then, they played 'Earth Angel' by The Penguins.

"Wanna dance, Rainbow? Peter said smirking as he reached out his hand.

"Of course, Maximoff." She replied grabbing his hand as he escorted her to the dance floor.

Iris put her hands on his shoulders while Peter put his hands on her hips. They looked in each others eyes as the lights reflected on them.

Earth angel, earth angel
Will you be mine?
My darling dear
Love you all the time
I'm just a fool
A fool in love with you

Earth angel, earth angel
The one I adore
Love you forever and ever more
I'm just a fool
A fool in love with you

I fell for you and I knew
The vision of your love-loveliness
I hoped and I pray that someday
I'll be the vision of your hap-happiness oh, oh, oh, oh!

"Isn't this song from the 60s?" Peter asked as they were dancing.

"It's from '54." Iris smiled.

"How'd you know that?" He asked, smirking.

"I listen to this song a lot. On my walkman. Learned more about it. I don't only listen to rock y'know." Iris said smiling.

"So, I totally forgot. Your hair is silver because of your mutant abilities?" Iris said realizing.

"Told you you'd believe me." Peter smirked.

Then, there was just a pause. They kept dancing, but they were silent. They just took that time to gaze into each other's eyes. Then Iris cleared her throat and blushed. "It's a great song, y'know..."

The song was still playing. They looked into each others eyes. Their faces getting closer as Iris smiled. But before Peter could press his lips against hers, she fell to the floor. She was unconscious.

"Iris?" He said. He was panicked. He bended down to her. Checked her pulse. She just passed out, but why? Her nose was bleeding. Then, Peter couldn't hear anything. The noises around him were muffled. He was panicking, wondering what happened.

"Someone call an ambulance!" He yelled. He was about to cry. "It's gonna be okay. It's gonna be okay." He chanted as he whispered. He held her in his arms and then the medics came. That was it. They carried her into the ambulance truck as Peter went in and held her hand. He didn't know what happened or why.

Well, I hope you enjoyed this 'cliffhanger' cause I don't know if it makes you wanna know what happens next lol. Song "Earth Angel" does not belong to me.

Earth Angel:

Songwriters: Curtis Williams / Gaynel Hodge / Jesse Lorenzo Belvin

Earth Angel lyrics © Embassy Music Corporation, Music Sales Corp., Dootsie Williams Publications

I'm also a big Back to the Future fan. I loved the part when they were singing Earth Angel and Marty went back up because his parents kissed. 👌