VIII

Iris was in her room. On her bed. She was still wearing her prom dress and she noticed her metal trash can filled with toilet paper with blood. Then she saw Peter on a stool beside her.

"What happened?" She said scratching her temple.

"I don't know. We were at the dance. We were gonna kiss but then you passed out. And your nose was bleeding..."

"Ca-can I tell you something?" Iris asked Peter reaching for his hand. He reached for it and held it.

"Yeah... what is it?" He said caringly.

"When-when I passed out at the dance... I saw... I-I had a dream or a... a vision." Iris said as Peter's eyes widened. "I saw... my parents... I was a different person... I couldn't see who I was but my parents were handcuffed together... then I saw my arm... not my arms someone else's but... they had this rod and when they hit them with it... they electrocuted them... and... and they were... screaming... it was so painful to watch... I wasn't myself in that dream though... I was a guy."

Iris squeezed Peter's hand as he squeezed it back. "I don't know it was a dream but... I think... I think my parents are... alive..." A tear trickled down Iris's cheek. Peter wiped it with her hand.

"It'll be okay, Iris... It'll be fine..." He said calmly.

"B-but I saw them... they were being abused... They were in a cage. I saw security guards and other cages where other people were... mutants..."

"It could be a sign... what were your parents' powers?" Peter asked, sitting on the edge of her bed.

"Well... my dad can turn invisible... and he has telepathic powers... my mom controls nature... fire, the ground, water..."

"Maybe your dad put a message in your head..." Peter said, still holding her hand tightly.

"But how... they died in a car crash- they died... I wasn't there but we were at their funeral... how the hell could my parents be alive..."

"You said there were security guards... maybe bad people abducted them... and they use them..." Peter pauses and looks at her. "What if those bad people were the ones who attacked you... a long time ago?"

"I don't, Peter... I don't know... anything. How could-how did..." Iris sighed and stood up next to Peter, on the side of her bed. Then, she placed her head on Peter's chest. "What if they are alive? What if they were being tortured until they died?"

"Sh shhh..." He stroked her head. "Don't think about it... don't worry about it now... just... don't worry..." Peter said as he stroked her hair.

A tear went down Iris's cheek as she looked down. Then she looked up at Peter. He stood up and put out his hand. "Shall we finish our dance?"

Iris wiped the tear off her cheek and giggled. "We shall." She held his hand and stood up from the bed. Peter got his headphones and placed them on Iris's ears. She heard the song "Earth Angel" and she chuckled. "It's Earth Angel..." Peter smirked, knowing she likes that song. Then, Iris's hands went on Peter's shoulder while he put his hands on her hips.

They smiled. She was feeling a little better than before. She looked into his beautiful hazelnut eyes. And Peter gazed into hers. It was just a moment where they were dancing carefree. Just thinking about each other. Their dancing. Her music. It was a beautiful moment. Amy silently got her camera and took a picture. The door was open a wide crack.

Then, they got close together and pressed their lips against each other. They kissed so passionately and Iris felt like nothing ever happened. That she didn't see the dream. That she didn't pass out. She felt safe in Peter's arms. She felt her fingers touch Peter's silver hair.