13

Cheryl

When I got home I saw that Toni's car was gone. I rolled my eyes and grabbed for my phone to call her.

"Where are you?" I asked soon as the ringing stop.

"I'm at betty and jug's house, Andrew wanted to come over here" 

"I'm on my way" I said hanging up. I backed out the driveway and went to bettys.

When I got there I saw Toni's car, and sweet pea and fangs motorcycles.

I cut the car off and walked up to the door and knocked on it.

"I'll get it" I heard fangs voice say. The door opened and he smiled to me. "Come in mrs. Topaz"

"It's blossom" I said walking in the house. I looked and saw toni playing around with the kids in a corner. "I'm here Antoinnette"

"What you do to make her use your government name" sweet pea laughed looking at her.

"I want her to be home with me so I told her she could work at the club or we could get a restaurant made" she said not even looking at us. Then Andrew ran over to me.

"I missed you mommy" he said hugging my leg.

"Tell mommy what you did" Betty said coming up behind him.

"You do something bad?" I question crossing my arms.

"No, Betty hit me so I hit her back"

"That's a full on lie" she laughed. "Tell her the truth"

"Ok I hit her first, I didn't mean to" he said as tears formed in his eyes.

"Andrew are you crying" Toni said looking over at us.

"No" he said holding my leg tightly. I looked at her and nodded.

I watched as she gently got the other kids off her and walked over.

She picked Andrew up putting him on her waist.

"There's no need of crying, were not gonna hurt you or anything" she said walking back to the corner.

"I need to talk with you" Betty said grabbing my arm.

"Ok" I nodded. We walked to her room where it's more quiet.

"What's up with you and Toni?" She asked crossing her arms.

"Nothing"

"You used her government name, you never do that until she made you really mad"

"Fine it just I feel like she wants me to depend on her and how she makes money, Yea thats not so bad but I would like to make my own money" I sighed.

"She wants you to stay home with her and Andrew, maybe she wants you home so she can find a job and work. Did you ever think the reason she want you home is because she thinks she's depending on you?"

"No I haven't maybe that's why she want me home with her" i said frowning.

"If you want jug and I could watch Andrew while y'all work" she shrugged.

"I'll have to talk with Toni first"

"Ok- wait"

"What" I asked confused.

"Cheryl where's your ring?" she asked grabbing my hand.

"It's in-"

"Toni is gonna have a panic attack when she sees that the ring is not on your finger"

"I know" I sighed.

"Come on, just hide your hands" she said walking me out the room.

"Hey um cheryl can we talk" toni said coming up to me.

"Yea, let's go outside"

"Ok" she nodded. We walked to the door and she opened it for me before closing it behind her.

"What do you want to talk about?"

"I just want to apologize for this morning, I'm sorry for making you mad, it wasn't my intention. I just want to spend more time with you, it's only on the weekend where we can do something fun"

"Toni...I'm sorry for getting mad at you over some question, I thought you wanted me to depend on you" I said looking down.

"No, I just wanted to see my wife more" she said grabbing my hands out my pocket. "Cheryl...where is your ring" she said looking at me with tears in her eyes.

"It's in the car, I took it off because I didn't want it to get messed up" I said wiping the tears that fell.

"Why haven't you put it back on yet?"

"I was about to but you wanted to talk"

"I'm just gonna go back in the house" she said getting my hands off her and walking back into the house.

"Damnit we were just doing fineee" I sighed walking to my car to get the ring.

"Hello there cheryl" a girl's voice said. I looked up and it was none other then......

Should I publish the new book I've been working on👉🏼👈🏼