9

THE KREMLIN

A janitor walked past all the important men of The USSR as he pushed a cart filled with cleaning supplies, and a gun. They all thanked the janitor for what his service in keeping the Kremlin clean as they passed by him. In an alternate universe, he would've been mocked for being a janitor, and choosing a career that could barely pay him enough to feed his starving family. But not on this Earth.

The janitor covered his face from the cameras as he wore a cap hiding his face. The janitor continued to push the trolley into the direction of the hall with Khrushchev's office. He entered the hall, and routinely went into each room dumping the trash into a bag. The janitor lightly cleaned, spraying a disinfectant into the air to kill all the germs and replace it with a clean refreshing smell. 

The janitor did his duties in all of the office, and the last one left in the hall was Khrushchev's office. The janitor pushed his cart towards the office and knocked on the door lightly. He didn't hear a response back, and opened the door seeing the office completely empty with no sign of Khrushchev.

"General Romanov, for the last time, you can not change my mind once more about my decision. I want you to organize your men for the announcement as soon as you can." The janitor heard Khrushchev's voice from down the hall and turned to see General Romanov and Khrushchev walking side to side together. The janitor spotted Khrushchev reading pages of papers to himself as the General looked directly at the janitor.

The janitor and the General made a strong eye contact as the General realized who the Janitor was. Sasha. "I think I forgot one of your pages I was meant to give to you in my office." General Romanov spoke to Khrushchev trying to buy time for Sasha disguised in a janitor's uniform. Dimitri didn't know what was occurring but if Sasha needed to hide in a disguise, it was important.

"Don't be silly General, I have them all here regarding about the troops." Khrushchev responded back and Sasha quickly went into the office, shutting the door behind him silently. He overheard his father buy him time, and Sasha scanned the room attempting to find a thick brief case holding the Nuclear Golf program that he knew Khrushchev would have in his office. 

Sasha walked around the room, and peeking at every corner he could until he found the brief case sitting on top of the desk stacked with papers beside it. Sasha quickly walked towards the brief case taking the case, and hiding it in the cart. 

The General and Khrushchev both walked into the room as they continued to talk about politics giving zero notice to the janitor in the room with his cart. General Romanov paid no attention to the janitor knowing that if he did, he'd expose Sasha to Khrushchev. 

The janitor began to organize his supplies on his cart and then pushed the cart outside of the office. Sasha left the office without the notice of Khrushchev and the door behind him closed. "You forgot one of my trash cans." Khrushchev spoke up arrogantly and Sasha paused as the door hit his back lightly. 

The General looked at Sasha, and repressed his nervousness as he watched Sasha walk back into the office with his cart. Khrushchev stood right by the trash can he spoked about, and continued to read his pages from Dimitri. Sasha grabbed the trash can, and tossed the garbage into the bag of trash that he'd been collecting from all the offices to seem normal. 

"These documents are actually trash General Romanov." Khrushchev threw the documents into Sasha's trash as Sasha began to walk away. Sasha continued to walk away, without any notice as he panicked slightly. He needed to keep his calm in order to get out of the situation, and he did just that. 

Sasha pushed the cart one last time out of the office as Dimitri watched him leave knowing he'd be safe now. General Romanov continued his conversation with Khrushchev, and Sasha pushed the cart into one of the janitor's closets. He shut the door behind him, where he quickly unzipped the blue jumper revealing his tight grey pants, and black turtle neck.