10

MOSCOW, SOVIET RUSSIA

Sasha laid in the bath tub under the water as he relaxed seeing the ice cubes float above him. The ice cubes kept him trapped under the water as his body was beginning to heal from the soreness of the car crash he had just gotten into. His body was heavily bruised and if it weren't for this ice bath, he would've been an easier target.

Sasha closed his eyes, holding his breath for as long as he could as he continued to relax under the cold ice water. As Sasha closed his eyes he could hear the voices of his mentors from the Black Wolf program. He knew it was all in his head, the painful memories were coming back to him once again and he could never drown them out.

He remembered laying down on the stiff metal table with the bright white above him blinding him. He witnessed the hands with surgical equipment as they began to cut open his throat, and he could feel it again as if it were happening to him now. "You're about to learn how to sing." The scientist mocked Sasha as he remembered those exact words before he had dozed off from the weak anesthesia.

Sasha rose up from the bath tub as he ran out of air, and caught his breath as he panted lightly. Sasha placed his hand over his throat feeling no pain on his throat as it was just his mind playing tricks with him.

Sasha rose up from the tub completely, letting the bath drain itself while he got dressed. Sasha left the bathroom, walking into his living room to find the American spy sitting on a couch watching Russian TV.

"You understand it?" Sasha mocked the spy as he walked to his kitchen to feed himself.

"Doesn't hurt to try." Slade followed along with Sasha's sarcastic humor as he watched Sasha pull out a pre-made sandwich from his fridge. "Got some for me?" Slade stood up from the couch as he walked towards Sasha in the kitchen.

"No." Sasha answered and Slade got confused by the response. "It's my apartment." Sasha scoffed at Slade as he took his first bite of his sandwich. Slade walked away from the kitchen seeing Sasha didn't want to speak to him and began to look out the window.

Sasha watched Slade closely as he ate his sandwich, and saw Slade pull out his phone to view something multiple times as if he were expecting something. It made Sasha nervous knowing what Slade was looking at on his phone that was so important at this time if the extraction wasn't till midnight. If there even was an extraction to begin with.

Sasha began to hear two SUVs drive up to the apartment complex. "We got trouble." Slade spoke up as he looked out the window. There was no coincidence. Sasha took a big bite, devouring his entire sandwich into his mouth and grabbed on to a kitchen knife from his kitchen.

Sasha sneaked up on Slade pressing the knife against Slade's throat knowing Slade had betrayed him. "Don't think of me as a fool Agent Wilson." Sasha threatened the American spy and Slade groaned as they could both hear the shouting of the KGB agents commanding each other to scan the building for Sasha.

"What other choices do I have?" Slade begged pretending as if he had no other options which Sasha could read right through. Sasha quickly kicked the back of Slade's leg and slammed his head against a shelf knocking the American out choosing not to kill him.

Slade clearly had a different idea of a collaboration and Sasha wasn't going to let that ruin his plan. Slade was the only person aware that Sasha was going to be at the Kremlin and his apartment and nowhere else, which meant that Slade was working with the KGB. The new question for Sasha was why? Why did an American spy want Sasha dead? What benefit did it do for him?

Sasha went to his radio, putting in his music and raising the volume loudly drawing attention to himself. Sasha hid in his apartment as he heard the KGB assassins enter his apartment and began to scan around separately.

Sasha hid behind a corner as he saw an assassin from the reflection of his mirror approach the corner. Sasha took his hose that he wrapped around himself, and quickly whipped it at the assassin's face, and grabbed on to the assassins gun aiming it at the other assassin in the room. Sasha pulled the assassin with him as he whipped both assassins with his hose and knocked them both out with a punch and a kick.

Sasha knew there were two other assassins left in the apartment and he quickly hid from them. Sasha snuck up on one wrapping the hose around the man's neck and pulled him back, slamming him down to the floor as the other assassin turned to shoot towards Sasha. Sasha quickly rolled towards the other assassin and grabbed on to his arm, disarming the assassin from his gun and slammed him down on his glass coffee table.

Sasha grabbed on to the assassin with the hose tied around his neck as he saw the two assassins from before rise back up to get Sasha. They signaled each other that they would go on the sides of Sasha and tackle him down that way, but Sasha knew how to escape anything.

Sasha dragged the hosed man with him to the kitchen and grabbed on to his pot. Sasha kicked the hosed man's leg putting the assassin down on his knees and Sasha slammed his pot against the opposing assassin in the face and then threw the pot at the other assassin to truly knock them out.

The assassins kept rising back up from being hurt and continued to battle Sasha as Sasha wasn't having it anymore. Sasha began to battle them, taking them down as he could by using his environment and counter attacks.

Sasha had taken down all the KGB agents sent out for him and he walked around the apartment to find Slade's body missing from where he left him. Sasha panicked as he quickly felt someone sneak up behind him. Sasha quickly turned and as he turned, he felt the poke of a needle being injected into his neck.

Sasha turned to find his Black Wolf sister Yelena stand with the syringe in her hand. Sasha looked at her confused not knowing why she would want her own brother dead. "You're a very hard man to kill Sasha." Yelena muttered being annoyed and disgusted by Sasha as she watched Sasha drop to the floor.

"Why!? Yelena, we're family!" Sasha groaned loudly not understanding the betrayal. Yelena chuckled and shook her head.

Yelena squatted down to the floor as she saw her tranquilized brother. "It'll all be revealed soon my little Sasha." Yelena teased Sasha as she brushed his platinum blonde hair and watched him fall asleep.

Yelena looked around the apartment as more of her KGB back up followed her in. Yelena scanned the room for the nuclear golf until she found it sitting on Sasha's bed. Yelena took the brief case holding the laptop and left the apartment as she watched her men carry a passed out Sasha into her SUV.