Lost In The Woods #17

Requested by River_Dawne

Young Elsa POV: 

The path at my feet fades as it leads into the darkness of the woods, yet I must follow it for the sake of finding my way back home. I don't know why I thought it was a good idea to sneak off into the woods at night. I deeply regret it now. And so, my feet follow the narrow strip of naked earth among tree roots and fallen leaves. Though it is still and silent, in that darkness devoid of birdsong, a musky scent with a hint of rancid breath filled the air. There had been rumours of a rampant werewolf in these woods but for some reason, I wanted to see if they were telling the truth. Like I said, I deeply regret that decision now! 

Young You POV: 

My ears perked up as I heard a twig snap. I knew someone was in the forest. I crept towards the sound of human footsteps. But I definitely was not expecting to see a young girl around my own age. She seemed frightened, confused and maybe even lost. 'Hmm, better not attack this one.' I thought quietly to myself. I turned into a full wolf and trotted over to her. At first, she was scared of me but I showed her I wasn't a threat by lying down next to her and lifting my head up to her to touch it. When she did that, she was no longer afraid. "You're cute for a wolf cub aren't you? Not to mention friendly." She said making me blush. Luckily, my fur was able to hide that. 

"I'm lost, do you think you could help me find my way back to the castle of Arendelle?" She asked me. She's quite far out and I knew I had to help her. So, I pushed her gently towards the direction of the castle and began to trot. Eventually, the castle came into view. "Thanks wolfie. I know where to go now." She said adorably. With that, she walked towards the castle and I made my way back home. 

Time Skip (Many Years Later)

Adult Elsa POV: 

I am currently out in the woods with my sister. It's funny, it's not as scary as I remembered it being. Not since the day I had help from the cute, friendly wolf. But my sister doesn't believe my story about the wolf. So, here we are finding proof. After walking a while in the woods, a wolf approached us. I recognised it almost immediately! It's yellow eyes stared right into mine as though it was trying to figure out who I was. Then, as if by instinct, the wolf ran over to me ignoring a panicking Anna and jumped on me causing me to fall. I laughed and cuddled the wolf. It clearly remembered me and after all these years too. 

Adult You POV: 

I heard voices in the distance, one of which was extremely familiar yet different. I wondered if it was the same girl I helped all those years ago. I also wondered if she would recognise me and if she would be afraid. But as soon as she did recognise me, I jumped on her causing her too fall. Once we had reacquainted, I turned to the other girl and growled slightly. But the other girl, or should I say woman, gently put her hand on my back indicating she was a friend and I immediately sat down next to the red headed girl and let her pet me. I decided it was time I showed the blonde the truth about who I really am and morphed into a human. 

Adult Elsa POV: 

After Anna realised the wolf was not a threat to us, the wolf did something I never could have foretold. For she had turned into a human. A normal looking human! She had (Your eye colour), (Your hair colour) and (your skin colour). She was beautiful! Wait, so that means the rumour were true! She is the werewolf! "Err, hi, I'm y/n. I helped you find your way home when you were lost in the woods all those years ago." She told me. "Wow, I'd heard the rumours of a werewolf but I was expecting a vicious creature, not a stunningly beautiful girl like yourself. Err, my name is Elsa by the way." I told her and blushed bright red after I realised what I had said. I looked at Anna who looked like she was going to burst of excitement at the scene. I simply rolled my eyes at her. 

Adult You POV: 

"Elsa? A beautiful name for a beautiful woman." I told her. I thought her blush was cute but I myself was blushing after saying what I just said. "I'll err, go and meet Kristoff, he's waiting by the sled. Nice meeting you y/n and thanks for helping Elsa back when we were kids. I honestly did not believe her when she told me a wolf helped her get back home!" Her sister told me and wandered off. "I must admit Elsa, you have really changed haven't you?" I asked her. "Well, I did become queen of Arendelle for a while and now I am one of the spirits of the Enchanted Forest. You should come with me. The Northuldra's will love you! So, what do you say?" She asked me hopefully. "I'd love to if it means getting the chance to know you." I told her and with that, we both made our way back to the sled and to what might become my new home. 

Ending this one here. It was a lot longer than I had intended. Anyway to the person who requested this let me know if this is what you wanted and everyone else, let me know what you thought and don't forget to vote! I also hoped you understood my reference title of this one shot! ;)