Prologue

Thinking
Timeskip
POV Change

Narrator POV

This is C.

C: COME AT ME YOU FREAKS!

Now you might be wondering who he's talking to, well it's simple. C just landed in this Universe and right now he's surrounded by these huge black wolf like monsters with yellow eyes and white masks. Oh yeah they're also covered in the blood of the villagers they just slaughtered. C just so happens to despise murder, unless they deserve it. He's really pissed at these wolves mostly due to the fact that after he punched one he found out that these things don't have internal organs. Why does this piss him off? Because that means these things don't require food, they kill for entertainment.

C: LET'S GO! I'M ALREADY PISSED, AND THE LONGER THIS TAKES THE ANGRIER I'LL GET!!

The wolves all rush at C who blocks a hit from one and starts his assault. He spin kicks separating four of the wolves' upper bodies from their lower bodies. He then grabs one of them and rips it in half with his bare hands. He then punches one in the face which makes it's entire head explode. They then all dog pile him, but he throws them all off with ease. He then focuses his gravity power in his eyes and sends them all up before he sends them all crashing back down to the ground fast enough for them to catch fire. They all slam into the ground and C looks around as their bodies turn to ash or dust.

C: Just like House. Makes clean up a breeze.

C takes a deep breath and looks up at the shattered moon, the only source of light in the night sky.

C: I'll make it back, Drifter. I promise.

C turns around, but then sees something.

C: Maybe my luck is turning around.

C picks up the micro drone and looks it over.

C: I don't know if anything is working or not. I'll have to get some tools and check it out.

C then walks into the burning town. Bodies are scattered all around.

C: I wish I could bury you all, but I don't know your names. Your families should be the ones to bury you all anyways.

C finds a mostly intact house and he walks in. He takes some clothes, food, and a backpack. His outfit is now a black zip up hoodie with a broken zipper, black jeans, and black combat boots.

C: Okay two things. One who the hell doesn't own a shirt, two why isn't there literally anything other than black?

C then hears a slight whimpering from somewhere close by. He walks to it before he stops and the whimpering does to. He then shoves his fist through the floor and pulls up a small child. The kid is maybe four at most. He has shoulder length grey hair that fades into blue tips, white eyes, and a pale white skin tone. He was wearing a white tee-shirt covered in blood, grey jeans, and blue shoes.

C: Is that your blood?

Kid: ...

C: Are you hurt or not!?

The kid whimpers some more. C sighs and puts the boy down. He then crouches down to his level and speaks gently.

C: Are you hurt?

Kid: ...no

C: Who's blood is that?

The boy points to a mutilated corpse in the corner.

C: Oh.

Kid: Big brother told me to hide and then he stuffed me down into the floor.

C: Do you have any other family?

Kid: No big brother was all I had, and now...

The boy starts crying and C wraps his arms around him.

C: Let it out, it's ok.

The boy cries in C's embrace for about ten minutes until he calms down.

C: What's your name?

Kid: Arsenic, Arsenic Lapis.

C: Well Arsenic, I'm C.

Arsenic: Just C?

C: Yep. Well I guess you can call me C Matoi. But that's not official yet, so who knows.

Arsenic: You have a funny name.

C: And you're named after two colors. What's your point?

Arsenic: Nothing.

C: Well I guess you're with me, kiddo. Unless you want to stay here.

Arsenic shakes his head.

C: That's what I thought. C'mon let's pack you a bag.

Arsenic: Okay.

C: I'm going to ask you some questions and I just want you to humor me, okay?

Arsenic: Yessir.

And so begins the newest story of C, in the world of Remnant. Stick around this one will be a doozy.