Chapter 13: The Vytal Festival Begins

Thinking
Timeskip
POV Change

Narrator POV

The big day had arrived, the Vytal Festival. Team RWBY would be facing off against their opponents right after Team COLR was set to fight. Ruby, Weiss, Blake, and Yang were in the stands cheering on their friends as they faced off against Team SEEA from Vacuo. C and Arsenic both walked out onto the arena as the holographic roulette display went around and around. It eventually stopped on a forest of trees and a desert.

SEEA: Home field advantage! Wooo!

C: I hate sand.

Arsenic: What's the plan?

C: You get to the sand and show them why they shouldn't be so happy to see it while I run to the trees. They'll split off and go for us making this a lot easier for both of us.

Arsenic: What makes you think they'll split up?

C: They will. Or I'll make them. Stay alert, don't let anything they say get to you, and don't make careless mistakes.

Arsenic: Yes Teach!

A horn goes off signalling the beginning of the match. Arsenic immediately makes a dash to the sands as C jumps back into the forest. Two members of Team SEEA chase Arsenic into the desert while the leader and another member take off after C. The two immediately find Arsenic just standing there waiting for them. The one with the green hair looks at his partner while the other with the blonde hair just shrugs.

Greeny: You realize this is a fight, don't you kid?

Arsenic: Oh I'm just waiting.

Blonde: Waiting for the big guy to bail you out?

Arsenic: Waiting to see if you were the only ones chasing me.

Blonde: You act like we can't handle one little kid.

Arsenic: You can't.

With that Arsenic slams his hands down in the sand making a huge wave burying the blonde guy as Greeny jumps back.

Greeny: Nice. But it won't work again.

Arsenic doesn't respond and instead makes the sand coil around the guy and drag him down into the sand until only his head is exposed. The blonde guy climbs out the sand and rushes Arsenic, but when he hits the kid his weapon sinks into him and gets stuck.

Blonde: ARE YOU MADE OF SAND?!

Arsenic: Yep.

Arsenic hardens the sand until it's rock and then headbutts the guy taking a quarter of his aura. The guy lets go of his weapon and Arsenic rams his right fist into the guy's gut sending him flying into the dunes until eventually he sinks in like his teammate. Arsenic pulls the baseball bat out, puts it on the ground, sits down, and waits. Meanwhile C is in the trees leaping in and out of view of the two who chased him, a girl with short blue hair and a guy with brown hair. C laughs eerily as the two of them stand back to back. C then rushes in and decks the chick in the face. He races into the trees before either of them can do anything.

Brown: Come out and face us, you coward!

C: Oh really..name calling. What are we five?

He laughs more and the noise bounces off all the trees making it impossible to track him down.

Blue: I don't know what else we should be calling you, considering you haven't even been visible for more than two seconds.

C: Well if I fought you both outright it would end to fast.