Chapter 11: First Mission

Thinking
Timeskip
POV Change

C POV

I woke up with Yang laying on my chest and my hand entwined in her beautiful blonde locks. I gently remove my hand so I don't accidentally pull her hair, but apparently she liked the warmth because in her sleep she pushes her head up against my jaw making herself fit snugly against me. I know I'm not getting out of this, but in all honesty, I don't want to. Yang gives off an extreme amount of warmth almost like a squishy huggable space heater...that can punch you if you pull it's hair. Kinda of a double edged sword, but I've so far been able to survive. Instead of trying to escape Yang I just wrap my arms around her and get comfy. She in turn snuggles up to me. I close my eyes and try to head back to sleep, but unfortunately my scroll starts ringing. I open a portal under my pants and they fall through. I take my scroll out of the pocket and toss my pants back on the floor. I check the collar ID and see that it's Ozpin. I answer the scroll and quietly say something.

C: Hello?

Ozpin: Sorry I know it's early, but I need to talk to you.

C: I'll be right there.

I hang up and then get myself out of Yang's grasp by opening a portal under me, slipping through it, and closing it before Yang falls through. I quickly put on some clothes and check the time on my scroll.

C: Damn it's six thirty?!

I sigh at this and head out. I teleport into the elevator. I push the button to Ozpin's office and let it head up. I then walk into the office and see Ozpin at his desk with a cup of coffee. Standing beside him is Professor Goodwitch. I sit down in one of the chairs in front of his desk.

Ozpin: So I heard you may have unlocked your semblance.

C: Maybe, but I'm not actually one hundred percent sure as to how it works.

Ozpin: Care to explain.

C: Whenever I touch somebody my appearance changes.

Ozpin nods to Glynda who walks around his desk and up to me. She holds out her hand and I take it.

C: Telekinesis Why do these words keep appearing in my mind?!

I furrow my eyebrows when Ozpin gets my attention.

Ozpin: What's wrong? It worked.

C: I keep getting words that come up in my mind.

Ozpin: Really and this isn't the first?

C: No it happened in combat class and when I led Ruby to the dance.

Ozpin: What did you get this time?

C: Telekinesis.

Glynda and Ozpin share a look before she looks at me.

Glynda: That's my semblance.

C: Oh. So I can identify semblances?

Ozpin: I believe you can use other people's semblances.

C:... uh-huh.

Ozpin: I suggest finding someone with a simple semblance and trying out what I said. Ms. Xiao Long has a simple one, but while you're here I would like to offer some small training.

C: What do you mean?

Ozpin: You probably haven't noticed, but your appearance has went back to normal. I want you to try keeping Professor Goodwitch's semblance for as long as you can.

I focus on the word telekinesis and I don't feel any different, but going by Ozpin's reaction it seems to be working. He nods at Glynda and she in turn let's go of my hand. I keep focusing on the word telekinesis. I then decide to push my luck and try to move Ozpin's cup. I pull Ozpin's coffee cup to me making him smile at me.