Chapter 21: Gifts

Thinking
Timeskip
POV Change

Narrator POV

After that amazing night two days ago Tai came back none the wiser, but C is pretty sure he knows something is up. Right now Yang and C are sitting outside with him in his wheelchair and her in a chair as they enjoy the sounds of nature.

C: Yang. Can I be honest with you?

Yang: Always.

C: I think you should go find the team. I would, but I'm kinda... disarmed.

Yang: But what about you?

C: You can't let me slow you down, Yang. And if you ever want to check up on me I'm only a letter away. I would say a call, but...you know.

Yang: I..

C: I know you want to go after either your sister or Blake. I don't think it matters which one you do go after. We all know Team RWBY will find their way back together.

Yang: You sure about this?

C: I trust that everyone will be able to keep themselves safe, but it's a waste of one of the best fighters I know if she just sits by my side instead of doing what she was born to do.

Yang: You don't have to compliment me, you were already in my pants.

C: I'm just telling it like I see it.

Yang:...I'll do it. I'll get ready and head to Mistral.

C: Sounds good. Let's make sure to tell your dad.

So that's what they did and in two hours Yang was ready to head out on Bumblebee.

Yang: Alright I'm off.

She leans over and kisses C on the lips.

Yang: I'll write whenever I can.

Tai: Stay safe Yang.

C: Give the bad guys hell for me.

Yang: You bet.

She puts on a C's aviators and slips hers onto the collar of his shirt.

Yang: I'll be back for those.

She lowers the aviators gives him a wink and drives off.

Two Days Later

C POV

The front door is thrown open out of nowhere.

C: MY GOD!

Tai: It's here!

C: What is?

Tai comes in holding four white boxes and some other stuff.

Tai: I thought I would have to call in a favor or two, but Ironwood said you earned these all on your own.

He opens the boxes showing two robotic arms and legs.

C: Wait. You were going to call in favors to get me these?

Tai: Of course. You saved both my daughters. I owe you a lot.

C: No, you don't. I care for one of your daughters like a little sister and you already how much I love Yang. If anything, I owe you for letting me even date her.

Tai: Yeah. I would say don't push your luck, but I think we all know what you both did while I was gone.

C: Um

Tai: Look, I don't mind. Yang's a big girl and you're a good guy, but you'd better not make me a grandfather so soon.

C: I didn't plan on it.