Chapter 2: Beacon

Thinking
Timeskip
POV Change

C POV

After another successful night at Junior's, I carry in Arsenic who has fallen asleep on the car ride home. He clings to me tightly, but I manage to get him in his bed without waking him up. I walk back into the living room undo my tie and let out a sigh. Suddenly the light comes on and out of fear I point a gun in that direction. Where did I get the gun? Well I started carrying it on me after that night at the docks. It was just another thing I had laying around in my void. The person responsible for cutting on the lamp is a man who looks about middle aged. He is wearing a mostly green outfit, he has gray hair, black eyebrows, sharp facial features, a light complexion, thin brown eyes, and on his nose were shaded glass spectacles.

C: You're really lucky my trigger finger is steady. Who are you and why are you in my house?

?: Yes well I'm sorry to have given you a fright young man, but perhaps you should learn to lock your door.

C: That doesn't answer any of my questions.

?: Ah of course. I am Professor Ozpin the headmaster of Beacon Academy. I heard about a small battle that happened at the docks about a week ago, and I became interested in the individual who saved my students.

C: There's no way he knows it's me, but why else would he be here?

C: You're in the wrong place.

Ozpin: Really. I figured you would say as much, but the thing is the person in question was described as looking just like you. Brown hair tied back in a bun, tall, muscular build, brown eyes, and five o'clock shadow. He was also accompanied by a small four year old child described as cute and polite and he even drove the very same car you just pulled up in. So Mister C am I really in the wrong place?

C: In my experiences, people who know this much about me have one of two things in mind. One they want something or two they want me dead. So plan your next words carefully, Professor.

Ozpin: Really? Well your life seems very interesting. I know one more thing about you Mister C.

C: Like I said, next words carefully.

Ozpin: You aren't from Remnant.

I feel my poker face slip for a second as I'm caught off-guard. I regain it quickly, but I can already tell I was to late.

C: What could possibly make you think that?

Ozpin: A mysterious crater shows up right beside a town in Southern Vale, the town is completely destroyed by Grimm yet when our huntsmen arrive the next morning, not a single Grimm is there and the fires were all stopped before they burned themselves out. On top of that, a child is unaccounted for in the town's records and a single pair of footprints leads from the town all the way to the city of Vale. The footprints were all done at the same time roughly a day before our huntsmen showed up. Those footprints were all made in the same day and span the entire continent of Vale. And a recent nightclub that was blown up was suddenly fixed a couple of hours later. And who just so happens to be the newest employee who started working at that nightclub the day after it was fixed, you.

C: That doesn't prove I'm not from Remnant.

Ozpin: Yes you're right, except you don't have your aura unlocked so you clearly don't have your semblance either. There simply is no way a simple human could do all that without a strong semblance. Now I don't want you getting the wrong idea here C. I don't mean you any harm and I don't plan on asking you for a favor. I'm simply curious about this unknown piece that has come right in the middle of my chess board.