Thirteen

The archivist checked the brand’s authenticity and it checked out genuine. Danelia was just flabbergasted. It seemed like such a surreal dream that she could hardly believe it was happening to her.

After she thanked Alpha Reza profusely for his help as well as the archivist, Danelia wrote a check out to Alpha Reza for the use of his incinerator. They would burn the body and dispose of the ashes with whatever custom they saw fit since it was a member o the Wouden pack whom had killed the kidnapper.

Normally, Alpha Reza said, that the dead’s pack would be called to notify them of their loss but considering the wolf was attempting to kill a human when Vega intervened there would have been more questions then they liked.

For his silence and discretion, Arlo tried to pay him a hefty sum, which he turned down. It was as he said, ‘a debt repaid in full,’ before he and his entourage left.

“What the hell could they want?” Arlo asked no one in particular.

“Okay. Who says someone from the pack sent baldy,” Vega asked.

“It’s a sixteen hour flight from that place and a five hour drive from the airport. You think he was just out for kicks?” Arlo retorted.

“No. he was definitely here on someone’s order,” Danelia said.

“So what do we do now?” Jhal asked.

“I say we bum rush their asses,” Arlo said with a slam of his fist on the dining room table.

She turned to her uncle, surprised at the animosity he held towards the Cleese Pack. More than she was worried for herself she worried over him. If his anger was returning then that wouldn’t be good for anybody.

“Vega I appreciate your help but you don’t have to be here any longer,” Danelia said.

“Hey, no way. I'm gonna see this to the end,” she said with determination in her voice.

Danelia brought her in for a quick hug. “Thank you. But I can’t risk anyone getting hurt.”

“You can’t. But I can. And if you think you can chase me away my lupa says to just try it.” Danelia saw Vega’s sincerity in her eyes and could do nothing but smile.

“Now what’s the plan?” Vega asked.

“I don’t know, Danelia answered.

"Anthrax," Arlo suggested.

"What like the band?" Vega answered.

Arlo shook his head, "No, a disease."

"No! Are you crazy?" Danelia frowned at her uncle.

"A bomb?" Arlo again.

"He must be crazy," Jhal replied.

 “Bedbugs?” Vega said this time.

Danelia sighed, “No Vega. We are not going to attack them.”

“Please don’t tell me we’re going to put out more bear traps?” Vega asked.

“No but what more can we do?” Danelia said.

“Go up to their front door and say ‘ding-dong bitch’ right before we sock them in their throats with a monkey wrench,” Vega said with a sinister look.

All three of them turned and stared at her, even Beau-Mo cocked his head to the side.

“So I may have an unhealthy obsession for the Mob wives show,” Vega explained.

“Good to know,” Jhal said.

“Its not like we can call them up and ask them what they want,” Vega said.