Fifteen

The tall man entered the room with a smile on his face. He was pleased, very much pleased. He and his partner were finally seeing the seeds of their plans bloom. “Finally. Did you find out anything about Matthew?” The man asked.

“No clue. Probably skipped town,” man number two answered with his arms holding his possession out towards the tall man.

“But he’ll be back. He’ll need a fix sooner than later,” he ran a finger down her soft cheek, sighing.

“Where do you want her?” Man two asked still holding onto his captive.

“On the bed.”

The man lay Danelia down carefully onto the mattress.

“One of my betas in the hall will take care of your payment.”

Man two nodded, “Alright. Should I expect that secrecy is your aim?”

“Yes.”

“Very good,” the man gave a slight bow and exited the room, shifting into his wolf.

“You will be our salvation,” the tall man said to the sleeping Danelia.

One Day Ago

Whether they liked it or not Matthew’s death had begun a chain of events no one could have ever foreseen. After receiving the ashes from Alpha Reza, Carmichael called and informed his mate of the newest developments involving the drug BP as well as what role the Cleese Pack played in his death.

Though an alpha’s relationships were supposed to be special to their pack members, what a higher ranking wolf, maybe even Turner Cleese himself, Arlo commented, did was abuse the bond they had to highest order.

This was all getting so way out of hand. Their neatly contained chaos had now just added on a mated couple as well as other alphas looking for information regarding a drug especially designed for werewolves.

She thought, that she must have been going a special sort of crazy when she thought she would have preferred the kidnapping versus a multipack investigation. She knew the Cleese Pack, knew that they would lock down the entire town if they thought a threat was coming their way and if that happened then many more deaths would ensue.

She had to think of a way to contain the madness and thought of one thing to do. To run away from everyone to save them. She had shooed everyone home, except Carmichael who had asked to stay in one of the extra rooms. When Vega and Jhal left she found it hard to pull herself away from her family once again. In such a short time, the madness that had disrupted her life had bonded her to Jhal and Vega and even brought Carmichael back to her.

She would be eternally grateful to them all for the rest of her life for putting their own lives on hold for her. But she just couldn’t idly stand by and watch then go down with her.

She was unloading some boxes from the back of her car, ready for her swift departure when Jhal pulled up and stepped from his truck. He noticed the crates and boxes being unloaded.

Jhal eyed Danelia. “Care to explain?”

“Not really,” she answered.

“Where are you going in such a hurry?”

“Visit some family,” Danelia answered flatly.

She had decided that if someone were coming for her she would do her best to stay away from those that she cared about.

“Danelia where are you going?”

“Away and that’s all you need to know.”

“Why are you lying to m…us?”