The Life of Daisy Norris

<Outfit above is what she's wearing in this chapter>

Daisy's POV

Dream- I'm hiding in a dark part of the junkyard that's nearby my daddy's work. He knows that I like to come over here to find stuff to take apart and make it better. The reason that I'm hiding is because some boys were picking on me in front of my dad's work. They call me names like, Daisy the Dork, Dirt Girl, Dogface, Geek, and 'purple haired freak'. So, I ran over here in the junkyard and hid in my hiding spot that I created months ago, when I first came here. 

I was brought out of my crying by a crash of a glass bottle breaking. I looked up and to my left I saw a small figure in the shadows carrying a bag full of scrap metal.

"Who are you? Did you follow me here so you can call me a dork and make fun of my glasses, and hair too like those boys did?" He just stands there in place staring at me. He steps closer to me, but stays in the shadows. "No I came here because I like to tinker with stuff. I'm not supposed to be here because my dad forbad me to. And well I heard what those boys called you, and I think they're wrong. I think your hair is pretty." I blushed and thanked this mysterious boy. 

"Hey why don't you come out of the dark and into the light." He froze in place. "I can't." "Why not?" I asked. "Because if I do, you'll scream and run away." "No I won't. My Mommy told me to never judge a person by what they look like."

He gulped and slowly walked into the light and what I saw was strange, but fascinating. He was a little boy, but he was a turtle, standing on two legs wearing overalls and he had glasses like me, but his had tape in the middle of the rim. He looked down with a frown and said, "I understand if you're afraid. You don't want to be near a monster like me." I walked up to him and took his hand. He looked at me with a shocked look. I smiled and said, "I don't think you're a monster. You're actually, kind of cute." He had a hint of blush on his cheeks. He smiled at me and I smiled back. I giggled and introduced myself. "My name is Daisy. What's your name?" I asked. He slowly opened his mouth, "My name is-"

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

My eyes shot opened and I saw that I was in my room waking up in my bed thanks to my alarm clock. "Another dream about that turtle boy. Why can't I remember his name? Come on Daisy you're the smartest girl in your class. You can figure this out." Why can't I remember anything else after that? I have been having the same dream about that turtle boy for years now. I would always go back to where we meet when I was a kid, but after that day, I never saw him again.

Sometimes I think it was just my imagination.

I got up from my bed and started to get ready for school. I grabbed my clothes and headed for the bathroom to take a shower. After  I finished getting ready, grabbed my school bag and books, and headed to the kitchen.

I see my mom in the kitchen fixing my lunch. "Hey good morning Daisy. Your father had already left for work. He wanted me to tell you to have a good day at school. Anyways, breakfast is already on the table." Once she said that I headed for the table. I had two pieces of French toast, two sunny side up eggs, a piece of toast with blackberry jam and a small glass of OJ.

After I finish my breakfast, I put my dishes in the sink, I kiss my mom's cheek, grab my lunch and head out to school. I head down to the shop, grab my bike and helmet from the storage space, head out from the front of the shop, and ride to school. Lucky for me my school is only five blocks away.

I finally make it to school, with ten minutes to spare before the bell rings. I take my helmet off lock my bike up to the bike rack with the other bikes. I really wish I wasn't going to this school. Because once I enter the building the name calling starts.

I pass a group of jocks and they see me right away because of my purple hair. "Lookie here boys, it's Daisy the Dork. How are things in that worthless, sissy flower shop your mommy runs?"

I ignore them and head to class, but one of them trips me with their foot. People laugh, but I just get up. I hold in my tears as I brush the dust of my clothes, and fixed my glasses. I ignore their teasing and head for class. Sometimes I wish I had a friend here. I wish I could find that turtle boy and be with him. I always see his hazel green eyes whenever I'm asleep or whenever I just day dream about him. He was the first of any boy I have ever met to say that my hair was pretty. I wish I could see him again.

Third person's POV

Daisy wishes more than anything that she could see her turtle friend again. She wishes she could find him, but she wouldn't even know where to start looking for him. Maybe someday soon, she'll see her hazel green eyed turtle boy again.

Little Donnie