Origin Story & Under Attack!

Third Person's POV

"Girls come here." April called. The girls and turtles headed back to where Splinter and April were. "Listen closely girls." Splinter says. Sapphire sits down on the ground with Leo right next to her. Ember sits in front of Raph. Daisy sits close to Donnie, and Addie sits in front of Mikey with his arms wrapped around her, which she didn't mind. 

"I don't remember a time before living in that laboratory. That faithful night started like any other. Sacks gave us our injects. Your father made sure our vital signs were strong. And you as always April, provided us with a special treat. After the brothers went to sleep, I heard loud voices. There was the smell of smoke. Alarms sounded. Your father discovered the truth behind the man he was working for. He set fire to the lab. His last breath was taken, trying to destroy Shredder's plan. I was terrified, but then you appeared with Sapphire in your arms, and ushered us to safety. I never had a voice then, but I thank you now April." 

Splinter smiles at April who looked confused. Sapphire was confused as well. She was only a baby when this all happened. She wishes she could remember more. Splinter's story fascinated Ember, Daisy, and Addie. 

"We wandered the sewers until I found this place. It was then that the mutagen that was injected into our blood began to change us in miraculous ways. I saw how your father loved you both so much. And I knew I had to show that same love to the turtles. I became their father, and they became my sons. Like all children, they were drawn to the distracted of popular culture, and I knew one day they would want to explore the world above. They would be ridiculed. They would need to learn to protect themselves, both physically and mentally. And then I found a way. First, I would teach myself the ancient art of Ninjutsu. The brothers followed my lead, accelerating at a wondrous rate. Their gift was also their passion. They lived, breathed, and dreamed all things martial arts. Then they were ready. Everything they are and everything they've become, was made possible by the bravery that you displayed on that faithful night." Splinter finished. The turtles stared at April.

"I was just a little girl, and Sapphire was only a baby." April speaks up. "And you gave us freedom, or others would've kept us in cages." Splinter says smiling at the oldest O'Neil sister. 

"Wait a minute dad." Leo starts to say as he placed his hand on Sapphire's shoulder. "All these years you told us we were rescued from the fire by a great guardian spirit, the Hogo-sha." Leo says. "That's right. And this is the Hogo-sha." Splinter says motioning to April. The girls were just as confused as April. Sapphire was shocked to hear her sister was a Hogo-sha. 

The girls looked at their turtles and saw Leo stepping forward and bowing to April. Donnie and Mikey followed his lead. The girls get up from the ground, while April stays sitting down. Each of the boys wraps an arm around their girls. 

"Why did you bring us here?" Daisy asks Splinter. "To find out who you told of our existence." Master Splinter explains as the girls all looked to April. "Nobody that believed me, except for Eric Sacks." April says. Splinter gasps as he gets up from his seat. "Sacks. Just as I feared." He says worried. "Sacks is not a friend. His soul has been poisoned by the influence of a dark master. The Shredder." Splinter explains as the girls stiffened in place. "Shredder practically raised Sacks in Japan. He's like a father to him. Sacks will do anything for his master." Splinter says. 

"Wait, wait. Sacks and Shredder? So, why aren't we out there hunting them down?" Raphael says angrily. Ember tries to calm him down by placing her hand on his arm. "Because, Raphael, the Shredder is a skilled warrior whose cruelty is ever-reaching! And you are just teenagers." Splinter says as Raphael starts to get even more angry. 

"Raph calm down. It'll be okay." Ember says as she tries to calm him down with a soothing, calmed voice. "I just don't want anything bad to happen to you Red." Raphael says staring into her beautiful brown orbs. "Hey this isn't just your guys' fight anymore. It's our fight too." Ember says as the girls stand next to her, showing the guys they weren't scared.