20. Preparations

Jung kook Pov

Jin Hyung rubbed his forehead and groaned “what the hell! How did Sehun manage to get away from our tracking device?!” Jin Hyung shouted as the others juniors lowering their gazes. It’s rare to see Jin hyung mad like this.

Jimin gets up “Hyung, relax. You know how smart Sehun was. I think he just let us some show before throwing that device away” he said making Jin hyung sighed. “Jung kook, where is Yoo Min  now?” he asked as my eyes widen in realization as I remember that I rushed to here after getting a call from Jin hyung and forget to pick up Yoo Min at school.

“Shit” I cursed. Jin hyung groaned “Jeon Jung kook, quick arrives there now!” he shouted. I rushed grabbing my phone and get out from office.

Why did I am so forgetful?! I stopped my car at the station bus and get out from the car. I look around and saw students were there. Some playing phone and some of them were talking but I don’t saw Yoo Min.

Just then, I saw Yoo Min was talking with Alvin under the big tree near school playground. I was about to walk near to her when I saw Alvin suddenly hold her chin with his finger. I don’t know what this feelings but why should he touch her chin like that?

The more annoying was, she don’t even protest like she done when I do that to her. Is he more handsome huh? I rolled my eyes and walked to them.

“Ahemmm! How sweet this couple was” Yoo Min look up and rolled as soon as she saw who it was. “What?” she said coldly before getting up with Alvin “sunbae, I saw her alon-“ I shushed him “I have many other things to do so I bring your lover back home first” I grab Yoo Min wrist and dragged her after me.

She stomped her feet behind me, whining “why did you bother us?!!!” I glared her “just realized that you will die even before he get to confess” that words slipped off from my mouth.

I turn to her and saw she looking down “yah, I am sorry” I tried to hold her wrist back but she yanked my hand off “Jung kook, stop acting protective towards me. I will die so why did you even bother to take care of me. It not like you can do anything about it” she said and smiled bitterly before walk away.

It took me a while before realizing that I was wrong. I ran after her as fast as I can but failed as I lost her track. Where could she gone? I pulled out my phone and dialed Jimin hyung phone number to ask his help.

*Call*
Jk: Hyung, help me
Jm: Why? Why?
Jk: I accidently talk about something wrong and now Yoo Min ran away
Jm: What?! What the h*ll!! You know what Jin hyung will done if he know about this
Jk: I am sorry but now please help me search for her before late night
Jm: sure. I call Jeana and Ji Young if they know something about it
Jk: thanks
Jm: Welcome
*Call End*

I get in my car and drive slowly along the way, hoping for Yoo Min walking just by there, then, my phone buzz. I pull out and saw the caller id is Corp. Soojin. Hope she have a better thing to talk

*Call*
Sj: Oppa, I heard that you got new case
Jk: yes I am. Can you please stop call me and don’t call me oppa since you are older than me
Sj: I am sorry Opp- Jungk-
*Call End*

I hang up and put my phone to the side. What the mess. I rumbled before hitting my steering. What the shit that I just done!!! Now my job becomes harder. I am dead if Jin hyung know about this.

Author Pov

Jimin sighed before hang up “she doesn’t went to Jeana and Ji young so where did she goes?” he asked himself before text Jung kook about it. After a while, Jung kook answers ‘her grandma house?’ Jimin turn off his phone and went to grab his car key.

The old woman smiled slightly when she saw that the flower that she care become more beautiful by day. Then, she remembers her grandchild that now far away from her. The truth that she doesn’t want anyone to know was almost revealed.

The serial killer that she hopes dead was after her grandchild and can kill her anytime. She doesn’t want her grandchild involve in this secret but she got involve intentionally. She should hide her grandchild way better than she just done.

It was all her son’s fault. She gets up when heard bell rang. she saw the young girl was breathing heavily and her jaw dropped when she saw it was her grandchildren. That young girl wiped her tears and ran into her grandma embracement.

The embracement that she used to think as the most comfortable and safe spot. She felt delight that she can saw her grandma for the last time. Her grandma chuckled “why did you here alone?> where is Jung kook?” she asked as Yoo Min just keep silent. It not the name that she wants to heard the most.

“Grandma, if I died, please take care of your health” Yoo Min whispered under her breath. Her grandma smiled sadly “why did you sai that?” she asked softly as Yoo Min lean in and kiss her cheek “halmeoni, I love you....thank you so much for grow me up perfectly” she said and cried.

Her halmeoni speechless “Yoo Min, I told you that it wa-“then, she heard a bullshot from behind. Her grandma saw her grandchildren breath become different. Her hands become red from the blood. Just then, her grandchild faint in her embracement.

The sobs and whimpering were heard in the hospital. The two young girls were crying their hearts out as 2 other boy were looking down. The old woman cried silently while there is one man that keep silent for the entire time.

The doctor walk out with sad expression “sorry Mrs. Kang we can’t help it” he said then the sob become louder. “She might coma for a long time and we can’t predicate it at all. I am sorry” he said and bowed before walk away.

Jung kook was ashamed by himself. How can he protect a teenage girl like you when he used to taken care a thousand people from danger? The tears that they made were his entire fault. He was the cause. If he holds back that time, he was sure that she still here smiling happily without thinking about her upcoming dead.

Jin walked to them and bowed before tapping Jung kook’s shoulder and mouthed “we need to talk”. Jung kook follows after his hyung silently without protest anything.

Jin hyung groaned “you failed this time Jung kook. Just go back to where you want to go since he already got arrested. Your revenge vanished now” he said coldly as Jung kook looks up with wide eyes.

“But hyung, I w-“he got cut off “Insp. Jeon, you will be charge this Friday to America. Roger!” he said and walk back to visit Yoo Min’s family. Jung kook sighed “it’s done now but why did I felt so wrong?” he asked himself “why I felt like I don’t want to go there? Isn’t that what I want?” he sighed before taking a last look on Yoo Min’s warded and walk away. Again, it all his fault though.

Yoo Min Pov

I woke up with a bit dizzy. I sitting on the bed and saw almost everyone here except for one boy. I look around but still don’t saw him here. “Halmeoni, where is Jung kook?” I asked as she look on someone that I never saw before. He smiled “hello Yoo Min! I am Sergeant Seokjin and I was also in charger of your case. About your question, Jung kook already got charger to America because his case done here” he said as my eyes wide.

My heart aches remembering that he said he will move away. My heart felt empty. I felt so sad hearing about it until I don’t even realized that tears dropping on my cheeks.

“Will he gone for a long time?” I asked with red eyes as he nodded. Just then, I realized what my true feelings towards him. I like him because he was my savior and my heart said so.

I untied all the wires on my hand and went out to run after him, not caring about all the call that they said. She ran with teary eyes and prays that he won’t go now.

I stopped in front of his house that I stay in. My heart break from the sight that I have seen now. He loves someone else. It was scene that he kisses with a girl maybe older than me. he hates me.....he wont love me. I don’t look pretty like her. I ran away as my heart can take it anymore.

I stopped near the river and shouted out what my heart said “YOU LIAR!!!! JUNG KOOK!!!! I HATE YOU!!!! JUST GO!!!” I cried and cried until I don’t even saw that time already past. So this is what people call as heartbroken.

I get up and pull out my phone as I felt it buzz. I saw it was a message from halmeoni but deep in my heart, I hope it was Jung kook. I sighed before checking her message

*Message*
Hal: Yoo Min, where are you now? I cooked dinner for you
Ym: I going home now Halmeoni. Don’t worry
*Message*

I won’t meet him anymore. I will move him from my life starting today. It is my promised to myself. I fixed my clothes and went back home where my halmeoni was waiting for me to eat dinner together.

-Time Skip-

After 3 days at home, I went back to school since I miss everyone. Ji Young and Jeana were always come visit but we can’t talk a lot since I am sick. Alvin was also once come visit but he can’t come always since he has work to done.

What about Jung kook? Geez, he doesn’t even come for a sec. I guess he was so happy with his new girlfriend. These 3 days, I keep crying alone but I want to move on even it not fully healed.