23. My Story

I woke up when my phone buzzed. I look on the id and saw it was from Jung kook. I sighed before swipe the answer button.
*Called*
Jk: Anyeong?
Ym: Hummm.....what do you want?
Jk: Let’s hang out
Ym: where? It wasn’t too suddenly right?
Jk: *chuckled* no it not. I want to know about you more
Ym: I don’t have anything to tell. What about you told me about yours?
Jk: yeah i-it might be. I wait at *** park on 10.00 a.m.
Ym: okay....bye
Jk: bye?
*Called*

I get up and went to clean up. I went downstairs and grab halmeoni “Yoo Min, let’s breakfast” she said and set up the table. I sit down and grinned “it must be so delicious” I said as she giggled “why did you being like this early in the morning? Are you going out?” she asked as I nodded “yes I am” she giggled again.

Just then, my phone buzzed again. I take out my phone and saw a message from Taehyung. My smile appeared remembering his cute behavior. I just know that he older than me. He looked like he is in the same age as mine. So childish.

*Message*
Hi! Where are you now, Yoo Min?
Hi! At home. why?
Really?! Thank god. I want to hang out with you today since you work at café on afternoon
Did you change your shift?
Kinda. Can we hang out?
I already promised to hang out
With someone else today
Who? I want to join too
Jung kook. I asked him first
Okay. Tell me when you got an answer
Okay Taehyungie
Okay cutie pie
*Message*

I chuckled “who is that? Your boyfriend?” halmeoni suddenly asked “What? No” I denied “I see you recently have too many boy friends. Did you popular among the boys?” halmeoni asked with smile on her face as I chuckled “no. I am not. It just happened to be that” I said as halmeoni nodded “I got feeling that one of them might be your future husband” I choke on my food.

“Halmeoni!!!!” she laughed and continued eating. After that, we do the usual routine.

-Time Skip-

I rubbed my hand together as the wind hit my skin. “Where are Jung kook?” I groaned. I take out to call him when someone closes my eyes with his palm. “Who are you?” he chuckled “your guardian angel” just then, I know who are the owner of this voice.

“Why are you here?” I asked and turn to him. He grinned “just because. Are you waiting for him?” Taehyung asked. I nodded “yeah....he might have something to do” he sighed “let’s j-“but someone grab my wrist “where are you going to bring her?” Taehyung rolled his eyeball.

“Why did he here?” Jung kook asked “Hemmm.......he want to join us” he groaned “let’s just go” he said and dragged me while Taehyung follow behind. Taehyung was follow behind while crossing arm. I don’t know why Taehyung don’t like Jung kook even though they just met a few days ago, maybe.

“Let’s eat first here and then, we go to the park” Jung kook said as Taehyung scoffed “why here? It was not that delicious. Yoo Min, I know one restaurant that super delicious” Taehyung said as Jung kook glared on him “you was the guest so you need to just follow around” Jung kook said.

“I am just saying the fact that you don’t know what is delicious means” he said sarcastic. “Who said that? I am just don’t know a lot about here“Jung kook protested. Taehyung scoffed “you are police though” he mumbled. “What?” Jung kook asked as Taehyung quickly shook his head “nothing. Let’s just eat” he said and walk past Jung kook to enter the restaurant.

Jung kook turns to me with confused expression as I just shrugged it off and follow Taehyung. “What do you want to eat?” Taehyung think for a while before answering “hamburger. You?” he asked back. “I want chicken burger with fries. I can’t eat too much” Taehyung chuckled “okay, okay” he said and order our meals while Jung kook pouting “you guys don’t even ask me” he mumbled.

I giggled “what do you want, Jeon Jung kook-sshi??” I asked as he frowned “am I stranger?” he asked as Taehyung answered it “yes you are” he said with proud smile as Jung kook glared on him “I know her earlier than you” Taehyung scoffed “really?! Anything about that doesn’t matter. You just annoying” he said with stuck his tongue out while Jung kook showed his fist “Stop that can you?!” I said out loud. They turn to me while I glared on them “keep fighting and I leave you guys here” I threatened.

-Time Skip-

We sit down together and I started talked “Jung kook, you said you want to share something with me. What is it?” I asked. Jung kook scoffed “yes I have but not with that dude here” he said rolling eyes as I grinned “why not?? He might be your friend too” I said jokingly while Taehyung was rolling his eyes too.

“I am not interest on him so, sorry” he said coldly as Jung kook glared on him “I am too so, sorry” he replied. “Stop it! Let’s talk about something else” I suggested “Yoo Min, tell me about your story” Taehyung said while held my wrist. “Hemmm.....but I don’t have anything to tell. My life was super boring” he pouted “no it not. Anything about you was interesting” I chocked “what?” he giggled “Just tell us” Jung kook add.

“Okay.Okay. let me think for a while. I already lived for 19 years old. I was born at Jeju Island but moved at Seoul when I was 5 years old. I lived with my grandma for 14 years old. It might be sad but I never met my father. I get dumped by my mother when I was 5. She send me to my grandma with promised that she will come back but she never back” they become silence. They were just staring on me with maybe pity gazes. But, I hated it.

I hated how people give me such gazes hearing about my life story. I clear my throat “stop staring on me and please, it not that sad. My father was never visiting me. I thought him dead but I hope him alive. I want to get his attention. I want to felt his love” my gaze drops on the grass. I hope he can hear it as much as I want him to. I want to meet him before I dead. “I just want to say something to him. I loved him for whatever he done to me. Even though he not by my side, I still loved him with my whole heart” I break into tears at my last words. I can’t help it but I missed him so freaking much.

I wiped my tears and chuckled “Jung kook, its your turn” I said while turning to him but he keep staring at me with a gaze that I don’t know what it is. He clear throat and looked down “me? My life was boring than yours. I scared that you two fall asleep while listening” I gigged “it my reason just before. Jung kook.....” I whined.

“I’m lived alone for 22 years old. I am not old. I’m just 22 years old this year. I become police officer at aged 18 years old but me kind of good enough to get Inspector. Other than that, I met my mother when I was 8 years old before she get killed by devil with person mask” I saw he curled his fist “I hope I got to kill him one day” he add more and turn to me “but it not my wish anymore. I got another hope and I hope I got to do that” he said with smile.

“Ahem! It my time now right?” Taehyung asked. I nodded “yeah you are” Taehyung clear his throat “I lost my mother and father after I born. I never got a chance to see them. But, I got adopt by one generous man. He was super kind and he was already thought me as his son. He lost his daughter because of his foolish action. He also kind of rich but I want to be independent so that why I work as part timer at that café” I nod on his words “at least you got lucky” I add.

“I just realized. We all got a same lucky, right?” Taehyung said as I nodded with excitement “we got such a sad life, man” I said jokingly as they laughed on it. One thing that I don’t realized, Jung kook told a lied.

-To Be Continued-