24. Hateful Surprise

“Let’s go home. It already late” Jung kook said. We got up and walk together to Jung kook cars. “Where is your house?” Taehyung look on Jung kook and answered “Just send me at café that I and Yoo Min work at”.

After a while, Jung kook parked his car “we are here. Yoo Min-ah, did you work too today?” Jung kook asked. I nod “yeah. Why?” he shook his head “nothing. Take care” he muttered. “I heard it and okay I will” I close the door and walk in the café with Taehyung behind.

I went to the locker and take out my apron before wearing it and work as usual. As we working, I suddenly hear Taehyung phone rang but he not answered it because he busy wiping the window so I decide to bring it to him. I pick up his phone on the table and walk over him when I accidently saw the id was ‘father’. Is he the person that adopts Taehyung?

“Taehyung, your phone rang” I said and showed him the phone in my hand. His eyes widen but he quickly hide it and take the phone “Okay” he said quickly and walk out from the café while hiding his phone. Why?

“Did you done with your work?” Lee Young asked. I look up and shook my head “not yet Unnie but I will done it now so don’t worry” I said and quickly grab the wet towel before wiping the dust off the window. “Yoo Min, did you saw anything else in my phone?” Taehyung asked as soon as he walks in. I gulped “I just saw the caller id. That’s all” I answered honestly but Taehyung groaned “don’t be busybody next time” he said and walk back to his work.

I am the one who wrong here so I decide to shut up. “Hello Miss, can I order?” someone from behind. I turn and saw a young girl was smiling “I want to have latte with more milk” she said before picking the seat. “You do your work. Let me go make the latte” Taehyung said out of blue. “N-no.... I can do that” I denied.

Taehyung sigh “Yoo Min, please....” I nod and continue wiping without saying anything else. He sighs once again before walk to the kitchen. What he want to done just now? He mad at me first and then he suddenly want to help me without even me ask to. Who does he think he is? I scoffed before continued wiping the last window.

While wiping the window with unsatisfied feelings, my phone buzz but since I am busy, I decide to just ignore it. The café door suddenly opened. I turn and saw a young man walk in with shiny smile. He looks around the café and stop went he saw me.

“Welcome Sir!!” Lee Young unnie bowed on him. He smile before point his finger on me “who is she? Is she new staff??” He asked. Lee Young unnie gulped “yes she is” he grinned “good. Lee Young, did Mr. Jeon come here always?” he asked again.

Lee Young unnie nodded “he is and he always orders like usual” she answered. That man chuckled “good then..... I’m back from Australia so I want everything went as planned” Lee Young unnie bowed before answering his orders “yes sir!” he enter the room that has boss sign.

Then, Lee Young turn to me and gesture to continue doing my earlier job “Unnie, is he the café owner?” I asked. She nodded “yes he is and don’t worry. He not fierce like you thinks so. He kind but maybe not in good mood today” I nod understand.

“Are you still working at Dark Moon Café?” Lee Young asked while checking the ingredients. I sighed “I am. Why?” she turns to me and smile “please quit. That place was dangerous. I heard there is one murder case there” she advice. My goosebump suddenly hit me. Ji Young?!

I pull out my phone and quickly dialed her number as Lee Young unnie staring on me in confused “what wrong Yoo Min?” I shook my head and waited for her to answer her phone.

*Called*
Jy: Anyeong
Ym: Ji Young! Where are you?
Jy: home. why? I am sick so I could go to work
Ym: I am glad. Let’s stop working there. It too dangerous and also I can find you other work.
Jy: what are you saying? I can do that but where should I work? I was already too comfortable working there
Ym: I know. Let’s work at Sunshine Café. The place I work recently. There were many co-workers that super kind and also the boss seems to be supporting.
Jy: okay. I’m going to wait until you told me to come.
Ym: hemmm....bye
Jy: bye chuddy

*Called*

I let out a relief sigh “what happen? Did anything bothering you?” Lee Young unnie asked as I smile happily “I am fine. It just a bit worries for friends and....I am going to stop working there” she smile happily too “thank god. I already think you as my younger sister so don’t get hurt. If you are, I am going to hurt too” she smile before hugged me “I love you sister” I smile on her words. Love......that words I never get from anyone. I am glad finally I have someone that loves me.

“Unnie! I am going home!!!” I shouted before pick up my bag. She nodded “yeah sure. Take care on your way home. Make sure to text me when you home” she said as I nodded. I waved and walk out the café that have my happiness there.

I waited at the bus stop for a bus but I don’t saw any of them. I sighed before suddenly I heard a honk from my side. I turn and saw a black car park there. I saw someone get out from that car. “I give you a ride home” Jung kook said holding his hand out for me. I scoffed “I don’t want to” I mocked him.

He groaned “Kang Yoo Min, follow me or I carry you. I don’t mind carrying anyone right now” he said looking on me as I sighed “I will never win fighting work with you” he smile “glad you know that, Miss Stubborn” I follow after him without replaying back any of his harsh words. It was just his nature.

I turn to him and called his name as soon as he get in. he look at me “what?” he replied shortly. “Did you know about recently murder cases?” I asked him. He nod “yes I heard it. I just come back from investigating there” he reply. “Who is the victim?” I asked curious.

“It was just anonymous villain. I don’t know that much since we can find a same DNA. Our deduction is she might be foreigner.  But we know that victim is woman since we open her shirt and saw woman ‘thing’” he said and that words made me blush suddenly.

He chuckled “I am not pervert, you know. It just a needs since I have to do my job. I saw many other things and to me, that kind of things is something too simple” he smirk. I acted like I was about to throw up when he suddenly cupped my cheek.

“I can be more consider to someone I loved. Someone said that if you love someone, even single things she/he done, you will think he is sexy and hot” my cheeks redden. “Why did you told me that?” I asked. He chuckled “I think you are hot” my mind went blank as he suddenly kisses me. His hand held my back neck and he brings me closer to deepen the kiss.

My mind debating whether should I push him or kiss him back. I loved him but I am scared.  I am scared he gone after me confessing. I scared he wont kiss me anymore after all this but what is this all? Is he playing with me? Am I that easy? Jung kook......you make me like this...... I kiss him back. I felt his lips moved. Then, he started chewing my bottom lip.

-Time Skip-

The whole drive times become quiet. I am too shy to even look up and what made the atmosphere become more awkward was he is also become quiet. No one spoke anything. My mind can’t help but to keep think how his lips moved on mine. His hot breath hitting my nose. Am I perverting?

He parks his car in front of my house gate “w-we are here” he finally spoke up. I nodded and open the door but he stop me “Yoo Min, I want you to be careful” he said with smile on his lips. I nodded again “sure...... Jung kook, I have something that I have to tell you but I not telling you yet. I promised I will tell you later” I said. He nodded “I waited for it. So......bye” I replied his goodbye and walk in.

I stopped walking when I saw black Mercedes was park in front of my house gate. I opened the door and immediately regret it as I saw someone that I don’t want to saw her at all.

-To Be Continued-