ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕆𝕟𝕖

Art by me

Awakening in a small room, I winced when my vision was suddenly blinded by a bright light that filled the room.
"SCP-1527, please exit the room. Follow me, oh, and if you even think of doing something, I was told to...exterminate... those who try." I held my head as an aching pain started to linger. I noticed the guard had started walking and I followed him.
"W-where are you taking me?" I asked him after he was done talking about how his girlfriend would be questioning why there is blood on his hands or something, I'm not sure, I wasn't paying full attention. Mainly due to the aching headache.
"I am taking you to SCP-049's room." He answered briefly.
"...and is there a certain reason as to wh-agh.." I toppled over and held my head as a sharp, stinging feeling made itself known. The guard grabbed my arms to keep me steady. I've got to admit, out of all the guards in the facility, I'm glad this one is somewhat friendly, despite the warning of shooting me if I tried to run away.
"I think you know why." He replied. My eyes closed in pain and after a few seconds of pure pain the feeling went away.
"So, you are taking me to SCP-049's room because I have horrible episodes like that?" The guard nodded.
"We like to say we are allowing you to be our...test subject." Well, if that wasn't the most accurate label of the century.
"Aren't I already? I mean... you guys lock SCP's like me up and watch us to see what our nature is like."
"Well, yes, but you're different. You seem to have similar behavior to SCP-049. Like a human."
"That's because I am a human. Well... at least I think I am?" He shook his head.
"No, you're not a human." He stopped walking and I looked behind myself. I realized how many floors down we had walked. We stopped at a closed door and the guard knocked on the door before opening it.
"Behave, don't think of running away." He said before leaving me. The room was dark and about the size of my room, if not a bit bigger. I saw a dark figure leaning against the wall, staring daggers into my eyes. I could only see a strange glow coming from his yellow eyes.
"H-hello..." I greeted the figure. He was then shown when the lights in his room turned on. They weren't as bright as my lights but were dim yet lit enough to show the mysteries in the dark. That's when I saw him. SCP-049. Wearing a black plague doctor outfit and wearing the famous beaked mask that helped prevent the doctor getting the infectious plague.
"Nobody goes down this far... I wasn't expecting a guest." 'SCP-049' replied. I felt a tinge of happiness bubble up inside me when I heard the all familiar British accent. I guess some may say I have a thing for that accent. His voice was very monotone and yet held a small portion of emotion. I stared at the yellow orbs that stared into my e/c orbs.
"Oh... well the guards said I will be staying with you... I've been having these strange (and painful) episodes of headaches where sometimes I can't even stand because it hurts so much." I explained. During my explanation, the plague doctor was looking down at my feet and almost seemed overly curious. Something was wrong, I could tell.
"Interesting..." he spoke softly and quietly. I tilted my head at the strange doctor.
"What's so-" I stopped talking when I felt another episode approaching. I held my head and fell to the ground. SCP-049 rushed to my side and was about to touch me, but resisted.
"Wh-what's... going... on...?" I asked.
"I.. I have a deadly touch. If I touch you, you may suffer greater than you are already. But... I don't sense the disease within you."
"Disease? G-ahhh..." I laid my head on the floor and groaned in unbearable pain. The doctor sitting beside me was hesitant before placing a gentle hand upon my forehead. To our surprise, I was still stable.
"You..can handle my deadly touch?" He asked curiously. The white beak on his mask ever so slightly got closer to my face.
"I guess." He pulled his hesitant hand back and carefully placed it behind me and picked me up. I groaned when my head came in contact with his arm.
"You are certainly different. What is your name?" He asked.
"I... think the guards called me SCP-1527? How come they didn't notify you that I was going to be here?" The doctor who was holding me finally sat me on his bed.
"I am not sure." Boy, he was quiet. Good, I need quiet.
"Will I be monitoring you while you stay with me?"
"Yes." He placed his hand back onto my forehead. I've realized the painful headache is nearly gone. It has never just dismissed itself that easily. As if his touch healed me.
"Your fever has gone down tremendously." SCP-049 told me soothingly. I felt my eyes close and I fell asleep with his hand still on my forehead. His touch doesn't hurt me... his touch heals me. But how...?
-
901 words