ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖

Small sketch of the cutie

Art by me

I was drawing while sitting on the floor and 049 laid on his bed boredly. I glanced at my doctor and a mischievous grin was painted upon my lips. I faked a cough and sneezed and the doctor rushed to my side.

"Doctor, I'm okay!" He looked worried.

"You are not okay. You are terribly ill."

"Do I look-"

"You must rest." I shook my head, earning a major headache.

"I-okay... maybe I am..." my heart throbbed when he touched my forehead, then my cheeks.

"No temperature..." He leaned forward and my face got hot.

"Yet you seem to be warm." His gorgeous yellow eyes half-closed and I felt my eyes stare deep into his.

"I'm fiiiine..." He chuckled darkly. He had a red hue across his face and he leaned in more. I coughed and this made him pull back.

"I'll get you a bottle of cough syrup. Hopefully that will cure what ails you." I nodded and felt my throat become dry. I coughed once more and a soft touch gently pushed me back.

"Lie back. It will be better for your well-being." I nodded and watched as my doctor walked towards a cabinet.

"Would you prefer cherry or bubblegum flavored syrup?" I gagged.

"Neither?"

"I'm afraid that is not an option."

"Bubblegum." He nodded and poured the pink cough syrup into a little measuring thingy and gave me it. I stared at it weirdly.

"Do not be afraid. It will not bite you." I frowned at 049 and he sighed.

"Will it make you more comfortable if I take a small sip of it first?" I nodded. He sighed once more and took a tiny sip of the medicine. He shuddered a little, but handed me the rest.

"See? Nothing to be afraid of." I bit my lip hard, most likely drawing blood, and quickly drank the horrible tasting liquid that is somehow supposed to help me.

"Was that so complicated?" 049 asked sarcastically.

I punched his arm and he flinched. I suddenly gagged and coughed, trying my hardest not to have the syrup see the light again. I covered my mouth and inched away from 049. He tilted his head as a wave of nausea hit me hard. I gagged and coughed once again and this time the syrup came back. I ended up puking a little bit of the syrup up in the corner of the room, and 049 rushed to my side. He comforted me by rubbing my back soothingly.

"I am so sorry..." I said quietly. I had tears in my eyes from the vomiting I did.

"I can see the sickness within you. Do not be embarrassed." He gently wiped the loose tears away and brought me close. He hugged me, to my surprise, and helped me stand.

"What about the mess I made? Should I clean it up-"

"-Do not worry. Just rest, I will clean it up. I am your doctor, am I not?" I let out a faint chuckle.
"I'd say you're more than that..." He chuckled back in reply and brushed some loose strands of hair out of my face.

"Go rest."

"On your bed? After I threw up?" I coughed.

"I am unconcerned if you happen to retch upon my bed. I am concerned if you do not sleep anytime soon." I felt him press a short and sweet kiss to my cheek and walk me to his soft bed. The scent of him and his bed made me smile. He smiled under his mask sweetly and stroked my hair until I fell asleep, which didn't take long.

-

588 words