Ch. 7 Facing the Truth

A / N: I have been meaning to update more. However, time has gotten away from me a bit. So I will try to get a couple more chapters up this week. 

Story is a bit slow, but things will start to get a bit more interesting from here on out! 

Promises, Promises :)

I would love to hear from the readers! Thoughts on the story?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

Tate

All I wanted to do was run to Ally, to be with her. I did not want to watch her walking back into her house. I wanted to steal her away, mark her, claim her. I knew that I could not, it would not be fair to her. So, after I heard her door shut and the latch sounded from her locking the door, I knew I could drive away. It took me a few minutes to gather up the nerve to pull away from the curb, but I did. 

If I could not be with Ally right now, the next thing that I wanted was a shower and my bed. I was exhausted after being out all night. Exhausted and exhilarated! Ten minutes later I pulled up to the pack house, standing formidable at the top of the horseshoe drive way. Grand in scale, looking more like a sprawling castle than a house. We had a large pack, so we had a large house to go with it. My mother was meticulous about keeping the gardens, so there was always some type of flowers in bloom alongside the walkways to the front door. Her green thumb always made this place feel like a home, even though the brick facade was cold and stark.

I pulled around to the right toward the 10-bay garage, hitting the garage door opener that was attached to my visor. Parking my truck next to the pack of I dragged myself into the house, up to the 3rd floor where the Alpha's Quarters were. Down the left corridor 2nd door on the right I turned the knob into my room. Instantly I was hit with a smell that used to draw me in, now it just repulsed me. Roses and Chamomile meant Kimber was in my room sleeping in my bed. Before yesterday morning this would not have bothered me, it was a regular occurrence, we after all were going to be Alpha and Luna together. But ... But now, things were different.

I turned around shutting the mahogany door behind me, quietly as not to wake Kimber. I could not stay there, I could not bring myself to climb into bed next to her. She is not who I wanted, not who I was destined to be with. No matter how I felt, or the type of person Kimber was she still deserved to be treated with dignity.

I walked back down the hallway and down the main staircase lined with family pictures to the 2nd floor. In the right wing you would find the general pack quarters, rooms for any of the pack members needing a place or wanting to stay at the pack house could live. On the left were the guest quarters. Whenever we hosted another pack or had any visitors for that matter, this is where they would go. Choosing to head down the left wing I opened the door to the first empty room available.

Looking around, this room was not as comfortable as mine, but it would have to do. This room smelt clean, sterile. I guess the way any guest would want it to be, so they knew they were staying in a clean space. The room was simple, a queen bed on the left wall with white sheets, small writing desk to the right the oak finish contrasting to the stark white walls. A small seating area with a TV toward the back of the room, next to the small bathroom. The walls littered with meaningless paintings that were meant to make the place feel comfortable but did little to provide the feeling to me tonight.

I kicked my shoes off at the end of the bed, dragged my t-shirt off over my head, unbuttoning my jeans I let them fall off my legs stepping out of them. Left only in my black boxer briefs I climbed into the cold bed. I was so tired it did not take me long to fall asleep, but as I did my mind was filled with the memory of Ally's scent, her curls, her luminescent smile.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I woke up a few hours later to the sun light streaming through a crack in the gray curtains of the guest room window. I rolled over onto my back trying to get away from the light. I was exhausted from having been out all night, but at the same time invigorated. Just the thought of Ally put a smile on my face.

Suddenly breaking into my reverie was Kimber, speaking to me through the pack mind link. "Hey baaaaabe," she whined, "where are you?" I could almost see the pout that was on her face. I ignored her, blocking myself from her link. I really did not want to listen to her right now. However, I knew that if I held off too long, she would come looking for me. Reluctantly I rolled out of bed and put my clothes on.

I trudged back to my room, hoping that she was gone when I opened the door. Yet, I was not so lucky. As I opened the heavy door Kimber was sitting on the side of my bed, her hair looking like she had stuck her finger in a light socket.

"Finally! There you are. When I woke up and you were not here, I got worried." She said as she stood walking over to me. I am sure she was trying to look sexy and enticing, but it was just repulsive to me now. Had it been yesterday morning I would have been all over her, bed hair and all, but now ... Now, she did not even compare to my mate, my Ally.

"Phew ... Kimber you need a shower. You smell like a brewery that someone got sick in." I said stepping back from her and heading towards the bathroom. "It is already 10, and I have a meet ..."

"SHIT!" I was a bit shocked at Kimber's outburst. "I have to go! I am supposed to be leaving with Daddy at 11. I was hoping to have more time with you this morning. Damn party last night. I have to go babe."

Just like that Kimber had grabbed all her things and ran out the door. Yelling behind her, "I will call you when we land tonight!"

Honestly it was not as if I cared. I did not need her to call me. Maybe with any luck she would find her mate on this trip with her father this summer and then I would no longer have an issue to deal with Ally. We would be able to each just be with our mates, expectations of our father's be damned.

As much as I cared for Kimber and I do, she just was not the one I wanted anymore. And she deserved more than a lifetime of being second. She deserved her own mate, her own love.