Ch. 9 Summer Love Pt. 1

Rolling out of bed the next morning I had a bit of a pep in my step. My heart felt a bit lighter than it had in a long time. I knew it was because of Tate, but I knew I still had to be careful. Mate or not I wanted to guard myself, I knew what his father wanted and honestly, I didn't know if I could survive falling for him just to be rejected. As must as I wanted to distance myself I couldn't, there was this magnetic pull that was dragging me toward Tate that I knew I was not strong enough to withstand.

I had a week left until my summer course started with the Red Cross to get my LNA certification, after this week I would not have as much time to be able to get things in order for when I left in the fall to attend Medical School, so I was determined that I was going to get a few of the things knocked off of my list, but first I was headed to the gym. It had been a few days since I had been there, and I knew I was going to catch flack from John.

As I walked into the gym, pulling my earphones out I heard, "Well, well, well... Look who finally decided to show up."

"Oh, don't give me any of your shit John. I can miss a day here and there."

"Yeah, not without me putting your through your paces for it."

~ 3 hours later~

"Ok. Ok. John you win!" I said throwing my hands up in the air and bowing my head. After 3 hours of intense training I had had enough.

"Ha! What are you wimping out on me? Thought you were tougher than that." He baited.

"You know what, fine, lets go again." After one more match I was officially done. John had made me work every muscle in my body 10 times over. I will say it felt good and provided me a lot of focus, but there was still somewhere else that I wanted to be. Just then my phone pinged.

I ran home as fast as I could

I ran home as fast as I could. Thinking to myself, 20 minutes? I can do this. I made it home in record time, thankfully that morning I had showered and shaved, so I really, just needed a quick wash off after my workout. Hurrying in the shower, I washed my hair using my favored apple blossom shampoo and conditioner. Mhmmm.. I love the smell of apples! Jumping out of the shower I just threw on a pair of black skinny jeans, a cute flowy top with white flowers, and a pair of my black booties. Running a brush through my hair and quickly drying it I think threw it up into a messy bun. Quickly adding lip gloss and mascara to my face, I looked in the mirror.

Done! Perfect! Don't need him thinking I am trying to hard. I thought to myself.

Grrr... you should want our Mate to want us. You should want to look nice for them. My wolf growled at me. I should have known that I was never allowed to have an inner monologue without her input.

Well, either way trying or not I think I look cute. I snarked back at Lily, she just huffed at me.

Mate is here! Mate is here! She was getting all excited.