Ch. 29 Little Orphan Ally

A / N: Our poor Allison has been going through so much! When will she catch a break?

Let me know what you think? Where would you like to see things go?

I promise that this is all leading to something and is important to get Allison to be :)

VOTE/COMMENT/SHARE <-- If you love it someone else might too!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4:00 am - Get out of bed (the makeshift one I had made next to my mother's)

4:15 am - Drink Coffee

4:30 am - Eat Breakfast

4:45 am - Log in to complete schoolwork while sitting with mom

7:00 am - Change the IV bag

7:15 am - Tend to my mother

7:30 am - Drink more coffee

8:00 am - Gail and Dr. Louis come to visit

9:00 am - Talk to Mom

10:00 am - take a nap

10:30 am– Tend to my mother and change the bed linens

11:00 am - Gail sits with mom so I can go for a walk

12:30 pm - Eat lunch

1:00 pm - Drink Coffee

1:30 pm - More schoolwork while sitting with mom

3:30 pm - Wash my mother and change her clothes

4:00 pm - McKenna / Tim call to check in

5:00 pm - read to mom

6:00 pm - shower and change

7:00 pm - Change the IV bag

7:15 pm - Tend to my mother

8:00 pm - Eat dinner

8:30 pm - Sit with Mom

10:00 pm - Lay down on my makeshift bed (try to sleep)

This is the schedule of my days since I had been back, never changing, never deviating in the week that I had been here. Feeling that if I changed anything it would push my mother over the edge. In the past three days she had not woken up. The last thing she said to me was that she loved me and knew I would find the happiness I deserved, every time I thought about it, I could feel my heart clench.

I was now just trudging through the days, everything bleeding together. I was completely numb, nothing meant anything to me. Food and drink had lost their flavor, nothing appealed to me. The only thing I really wanted was for my mother to get better, but I knew that wasn't going to happen. So, I sat, I watched, I waited.

Last night when I spoke to McKenna, she said she would be here today, I think she said today? I stopped listening to anything anyone said, it was all the same. "How are you? Is there anything I can do for you? Let me know if you need anything. " I was tired of hearing it, so I stopped listening. I would throw in an occasional grunt or yeah when I felt it was needed.

Lily was no longer trying to offer me any comfort, she had tucked herself safely in the back corner of my mind, letting me have my final moments with my mother. It was now 5:00, reaching into my bag I pulled out Romeo and Juliet, choosing to read the final passages to my mother. The only felt fitting, but before I could get to the first words McKenna came through the open bedroom door.