Ch. 28 Making up is hard to do

A/N: Happy Wednesday! Here is the next chapter. I am sure that there are some that are going to be mad at me. So, I will apologize ahead of time. 

Vote/Comment/Share <-- If you love it someone else might too! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim

I groaned as my alarm clock sounded. I wasn't ready to get up for the day, but I had two classes today and a paper due Friday that I hadn't even started yet. One would think that by now I knew better and would better plan my time, but now I was a glutton for punishment.

As I rolled over a bed, reaching for the blaring alarm I slapped it, the room instantly falling into silence. Laying my head back on my pillows I groaned again. Allison instantly jumped to my mind as she was what I thought about most of the time, she had been avoiding me for weeks now. Ever since that night in the common room after we made our way back from the club. We had one moment of weakness; no, I wouldn't call it weakness because that is not what it was. We had a moment where we both let our guards down and we let our feelings out. Feelings that went beyond the friendship we shared.

Reluctantly I got up and quickly dressed, making my way to our common room. I walked over to the coffee machine, grabbing a mug I poured myself a cup then added creamer. Humming to myself in appreciation of the rich aroma and caffeine it was offering, I lowered myself onto the couch and drank my first sip of liquid gold.

I was so focused on my coffee and thoughts that I didn't even notice Allison standing in the common room at first until she was right in front of me waving her and in front of my face, "Earth to Tim, come in Tim." I finally snapped to and Allison was laughing at my state. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I questioned giving her an odd look.

"Well, I said your name five times and you never answered."

I shrugged, "Just thinking." I replied. "What does your day look like today?" I asked, taking the first opening I have had in a while to actually get Allison to speak to me, usually she is long gone in the mornings when I get up.

"I have a couple of classes." She said, not providing the detail that I would have wanted.

It was Friday so I knew she didn't have to work tonight. "I wanted to know if you would like to get dinner tonight. We should talk. " Allison started to fidget, she wasn't a fidgeter, "Just to talk. I think we need to clear the air. " I assured her.

Allison slowly nodded her head, "Alright then. Dinner that Penelope's? 5 o'clock? "

"Sounds perfect." I said with a smile, my happiness of her agreeing to dinner now displayed in my mood.

"I have to get to class, see you later." She said as she walked out the door.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I had been looking forward to dinner all day, my chance to clear the air with Allison, so hopefully we could get back to normal. It was 4:50 when I pulled into Penelope's parking lot, it was an old school roadside dinner type place that was just off the main campus. It was a frequent hang out when it was open 24/7.

Walking in I was greeted by the smell of grease, a familiar smell from all the burgers that were slung on the grill. Looking around I noticed that Allison was already sitting in the booth in the back corner, the table that our group always sat at when we came in here, she had a soda in front of her and was nervous playing with the straw.