Ch. 23 Meeting the Alpha

A / N: There is always one thing you can count on in life, change. And change it must!

Vote, Comment, and share with a friend!

I want to know what you are all thinking, don't be a silent reader :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning came too quickly. I still wanted to sleep some more. I had gotten good sleep through the night, but I still dreamed about Tate. So, when I woke up my mood was a little less than happy. I am very much a morning person, jump out of bed and ready to go, however this morning that was not the case. I couldn't find any motivation in me at all.

So, there I laid in bed at 9:30 am reading a book. Yup, you probably guessed it, Romeo and Juliet . Why not be ready to love when you are nursing a broken heart? "That's it!" McKenna shouted, grabbing the play from my hands. "Out of bed! Get dressed! "

"I'm not ready yet." I responded as sternly as I could muster.

"I don't care, we leave for 20 minutes to meet Alpha Andrews and I have a very good feeling about the day. Don't ruin it for me! " She exclaimed, ripping my blankets off my body, grabbing my arm, and dragging me off the bed.

I hit the floor with a thud, "OW!" I yelled. "No need to be a jerk!"

"Then get your ass out of that bed! You are not the type of person who lays in bed all day and you are not going to start on my watch! " She said, "I refuse to let Tate ruin you. Now get dressed. " She said with a tone that meant business. This girl could be scary when she wanted to be, and when she got going you never wanted to be on the receiving end. With a glare on my face, I pulled myself off the floor and got dressed.

Five minutes later I was walking into the common room wearing a simple pair of dark washed skinny jeans and a dark hunter green blouse. I clipped my unruly curls on the back of my head, so they were out of my face, but falling down my back. "There, happy now? I am ready to go. " I said to McKenna, because I thought it was McKenna.

"You look nice." Said Tim in his husky voice. I opened my eyes, to see his deep brown ones softly looking me over, making me feel slightly uncomfortable. I made a mental note to myself that I needed to talk to him about things, I didn't want him getting the wrong idea. I was far from a place where I could even entertain the notion of being with anyone. Even though things with Tate and I were left in a pretty bad place I knew deep in my soul I wasn't ready to give up on our mate bond. And even if one day I did move on, I would never be able to sever the bond, it was impossible your souls were linked forever.

"Thanks" I meekly replied, "Where is Kenz?"

"Right here!" She said walking in from the bathroom wearing a cute dark blue sundress with white flowers and silver sandals. Her hair was flawless and so was her makeup. "You two ready to go? I need coffee and food before we meet the Alpha!"

"What are you all dressed up for?" I asked her.

"I told you! I have a good feeling about the day, so I am going to look the part."

"Okay then," Said Tim scratching the back of his neck. I guess he was feeling a bit out of place, "I know a great little coffee shop we can stop at." And he quickly turned to the door, as we exited the room, I checked to make sure that it was locked and followed behind Kenna and Tim to the Escalade.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

An hour later we were pulling up to the pack lands that were held by Alpha Andrews. The lands were gorgeous, well taken care of. You could see how much pride the pack members had for their homes, which greatly reflected how the people viewed their Alpha.