Prologue

I've always wanted a normal life!

Amanda Hughes. That was my name. I was a supermodel, one of the best out there. They said I was blessed to have the perfect life people always wanted. I have everything. Power, beauty, talent, and wealth. However, I lacked one thing. I lacked what I wanted.

Ever since I was a child, I always wanted to be normal, ordinary, nothing special. Just like a side character from a movie or a support character from a novel. Anything is alright as long as I'm insignificant. I had a good and loving family and I knew I shouldn't be uncontented with everything I have, but something is missing. Deep within my heart, there was always the passion and the craviness of wanting, no, needing to be a normal person. An insignificant person.

I knew I was unreasonable. There are a lot of people who are envying my life, yet, here I am, wishing to have a normal life instead. However, in a blink of an eye, my life changed all throughout. As far as I can remember, I fell asleep in my own luxurious bed but confusingly, I woke up in an unknown bed on an unknown room.

I looked at the window and felt the light and warmness of the sun. It brought me comfort but it wasn't time to bathe under the sun. I am in a small room. It's very small compared to my bedroom. However, I appreciated it's coziness and style that it looks like it belongs to a normal person.

With that thought in mind, a sudden conclusion swarmed into me. I rushed towards the drawers, doing my best to find a mirror or at least a transparent object that can reflect how I look. My hair was longer and it was black instead of blond.

Fortunately, as if the gods had heard my prayer, a small mirror besides a hairbrush was seen at a particular drawer. I immediately dashed to grab it and brought it closer to my face. As soon as I laid my eyes on my reflection, I honestly couldn't help but to scream.

A young girl, perhaps at the age of 12, was staring back at me with her eyes widening, expressing the same shock that I am showing. She has long messy black hair with pale blue eyes. She looks pretty but ordinary, unlike my original appearance which was dead-drop gorgous. However, instead of feeling distress, I felt glad. This appearance, is obviously an appearance I always wanted!

"Lita! What happened, Lita?!"

I turned my head to face a man who looked to be in his early 30's. He wore a decent clothing and his eyes held worry which are directed to me? Hastily, he moved his feet and rushed to me. I awkwardly averted my eyes away when I felt his concerned stares.

"Lita, are you alright? Your papa brought you the medicine that you needed and your favorite brownies. It's still warm coz I made a new batch just for you." He affectionately told me, carresing my head lovingly at the same time. Although I was this doted as Amanda, it felt really awkward to have a stranger stroke your head so gently. Well, a stranger to my eyes but I knew that this man is a beloved person of this body.

Suddenly, a bunch of memories which clearly did not belonged to me, rushed inside my mind to fill the blank spaces. I thought it was going to hurt a lot but luckilily, no pain nor torture enveloped my mind, only memories.

This body I am residing in right now, is Carlita Mayers. An only daughter of a well-known baker in Jhacq, a small town in the kingdom of Flynkilton. My father, which is this man right here, is called Ronald Mayers, a great baker. Carlita's mother, or specifically, my mother, died when she gave birth to me. Everybody said she was a beautiful and kindhearted lady who was beloved by all around her, in the end, she chose to have a happy life with my father. Sadly, she died in such a young age.

Based on Carlita's memories, she always asked about her mother to his father. Asking about her origin, her family, and more. However, Ronald would immediately switch to a different topic to avoid Carlita's curious questions. Being the naive child that Carlita is, she ignored her father's indifference and stopped asking. Well, I won't force him if he doesn't tell me too.

Sorting out Carlita's memories, I blinked twice before returning a stare back at my father. Carlita was with a fever for 5 days and I don't know why but a sudden thought entered on my mind. Did Carlita died with the cause of her fever? It must be very critical if she did then.

"Papa!" I exclaimed half-heartedly. Carlita and Ronald had a very good father and daughter relationship, considering that they are the only members of their family. If his only daughter were to call him "father" instead of her usual "papa", he would be weirded out and extremely suspicious.

So it was only a must to act like the usual Carlita. I guess it was a good thing that I was sometimes taken as a starred guest to some series. Or else I would obviously stutter and wouldn't know how to act like this man's real daughter.

"Carlita is alright papa! Carlita is now strong again! Carlita can help you with the bakery tommorrow!" I was honestly terrified at how childish I sounded. However, this was Carlita's personality, cheery yet childish. Ah, what a drag.

"I see. It's a good thing you're finally well." Ronald stated and carefully pecked me on my forehead. I mentally sighed and located my head to look at my new father again.

Slowly, I sent Ronald one of the sweetest smile I could muster, "Carlita loves you papa!" Ronald could only laugh in joy as he smothered his daughter with kisses.

Hey hey! Don't just be a silent reader, vote it when you love it! ;3