Chapter 18

This kid is actually a teenager?!

"What is your name?" Ethan interrogated poor little Ivan with his usual tone of voice. I could only stare at Ethan with a placid expression, slightly envying the amount of money he has. Seriously, he has given two pouches of gold for two persons now.

"I-Ivan..." Ivan timidly responded while lowering his head in fear. I sighed and walked to the both of them.

"Hey Ethan... don't pressure the kid, it was my fault anyways. I wasn't vigilant." I told Ethan while worriedly looking at Ivan whose eyes are currently widening.

"Okay. Here." Ethan handed me the small bag he was holding the whole time. I smiled in wonder and opened it, very ecstatic to saw two grilled prawns on a small container. I grinned at thanked Ethan who only shrugged and silently nodded.

"Ivan, here you go. You must be hungry." While carefully taking out one of the prawns, Ivan seems to be salivating while looking at the mouth-watering food on my hand. Slowly, he took the prawn out of my hands and nibbled it. I saw his eyes glimmering in delight while finally consuming the prawn wholly.

"Yes, that's it! Kids must eat with enthusiasm!" I exclaimed while happily giving him the other prawn. It's alright... I wasn't really hungry on the first place... actually, I am. But, this kid needs the food more.

"Um... actually..." Ivan's face turned red while he silently muttered. I tilted my head in curiosity, urging him to continue.

"He is not a kid." Ethan suddenly spoke while looking at me in a ridiculing manner. My mouth went agape while observing Ivan's weak and might I say, 'childish' body...

"Tch. Ethan, I may be stupid sometimes but I am not blind. Ivan is definitely a kid!" I complained with a shook of my head. Ivan is smaller and tinier than I, which is a short girl compared to other girls my age, and so, I wouldn't be reluctant to say that he's a kid. He looks around 11 or 12...

"Well, how old are you Ivan?" Ethan diverted his question towards Ivan with his unchanging expression. I rolled my eyes and waited patiently for Ivan to admit that he's a kid, getting ready to show my triumphant and victorious smirk.

"I... I'm 15..." Ivan responded while I smirked, wait what?!

Thinking that I was hearing things wrong, I urged Ivan to repeat what he said. Sadly, my triumphant manner fully vanished when he reconfirmed that he was truly 15 years old... with a smaller and tinier body than me. This kid is actually a teenager?! No way!

"See? I told you so." Ethan chuckled while looking at me in pity. I glared at him and returned my gaze to the embarrassed kid... who is actually a teenager with the same age as mine. Fuck, I am so dumbfounded.

I sighed, "Anyways, Ivan... are you homeless?" I asked Ivan with a gentle voice to not scare him off. Luckily, Ivan nodded while his body was starting to get comfortable. I smiled sadly as the poor little kid, I mean teenager, and patted his quite dirty yet still silky hair.

"I... I live in the slums..." He continued while gripping the sides of his shirt, his eyes starting to water. With his appearance right now, I couldn't help myself but to actually hug the poor little boy... I knew I wasn't a saint. I was stiff and wasn't comfortable with my sudden hug too. However, instead of pushing me away, Ivan started sobbing quietly while some of the people looked at us in wonder and curiosity. I ignored their gazes and continued comforting Ivan.