Chapter 21

Its story is amazing!

Currently, I am in the library with Reginald. As much as I want to focus on reading and on him, my mind can't help but to wander towards that certain scene between me and the king.

If I was an onlooker watching two people in that certain scenario, I wouldn't deny that the both of them are lovers just teasing and flirting. But, the man who did that to me is the freaking king who is about twice the age older than me. Additionally, he is not single. He has a wife and two sons and a daughter! What is this?! Was I about to go to the path of being a mistress?!

"Scoundrel! Hey!" Reginald's loud voice snapped me out of my daze. I turned my head towards him and finally realised how close we currently are. If he moved just a little bit more closer towards me, he may peck my lips! Ahhh, I wonder how soft his lips are... Fuck, my head is turning more and more dirtier with Reginald around.

"Oh... it's n-nothing..." I answered in embarrassment as I averted my eyes away from him while fake coughing. I could see Reginald sighing from my peripheral vision and suddenly, he grabbed me by my arm, dragging me towards a certain shelf in the library.

We stopped in front of a shelf containing nothing but a single book. Reginald carefully took the book from its place and wiped the dust covering the title.

As soon as I saw the title, I turned interested. The title was called, "The Vial" and actually, it sounded familiar to my ears. Oh... now I remember. It's what that strange old woman from a certain alleyway kept repeating to ask from me.

"The vial. Do you know its origin?" Reginald asked me as he observed the book. Unfortunately, the book was locked and we can't read it, however, it seems that Reginald has enough knowledge about 'The Vial'.

"Uh, n-no. What is it?" I asked him in curiosity. I know that I'm just an insignificant character on this world but... why do I feel like this "vial" maybe involved to me?

"The vial is a powerful liquid essence that when consume, it can grant ultimate power." Reginald exclaimed as he walked back towards our table, sitting on a chair as I did the same.

"Ultimate power?" I asked Reginald in confusion and bewilderment. If such a thing exists, then surely people can get corrupted and fight over it.

"Yes but don't worry, not a lot of people know its existence." He informed me with a reassuring gaze. I inwardly did a relieve sigh. Finally, I eyed with a perplexed expression as I opened my mouth to speak, "Then... why are you telling me this?"

Reginald halted before smiling at me, "I trust you." With that said, my face instantly went flushed. Damn, that was a smooth statement coming from him. Ahhh, he is a flirt indeed.

"Anyways, although a few of people knew its existence, they believe that its only a legend now. No one knows where it is for such a long time." Reginald added while sighing. My brows scrunched as I deeply thought about what he said.

"How did it looked like?" I asked him with a firm gaze. He eyed me while slightly smirking, "Remember the fountain before the training ground? The small bottle located on there was a statue replica of the vial."

Now that he mentioned that, the same bottle from my past nightmares reappeared on my mind. The bottle that I carelessly drank even though I was in a stranger's room. Sigh, that dream was truly creepy and complicated.