Chapter 2

The priestess wants our sweets!

It was already afternoon and the festival was about to start. The opening will be the grand parade which Kahlia will be participating on. Me and father were grateful that we actually sold quite a lot of our sweets even though the actual festival was not starting yet. I smiled at the stall across from us smugly.

"Everybody! The festival shall commence soon!" A man which obviously was an imperial scout shouted with obvious glee on his tone. The people clapped their hands and cheered, anticipation and joy were very evident on their eyes. Me and father happily glanced at each other and waited for the grand parade to make its entrance.

Loudly, the trumpets finally sounded. Everyone exclaimed cheers and praises, including me and father. Amongst the people participating in the parade was the very beautiful and the new kingdom priestress, Kahlia Fraye. When she came out of the curtain, the crowd went wild and exclaimed a lot more of praises. I shouted praises and clapped like a madwoman as well.

"Blessings to our very new priestess!"

"You're very beautiful Kahlia!"

"Look at me, priestress! Look at me!"

Kahlia smiled at everyone with pure bliss and everyone could only dreamily smile back. I was captivated by her angelic smile as well that I grinned and cried tears of joy. My father sweatdropped while handing me a handkerchief.

Suddenly the music stopped and Kahlia gracefully went at the top. She took a deep breath and did a monologue, "Dear people of Flynkilton, I am very honoured to be your new priestess and ecstatic to be able to help everyone. Although I am new, I assure everyone that I can heal with the best of my abilities that victims can feel the comfort that my power can bring. Again, I am honoured and thank you!" Everyone clapped their hands and cheered at how motivational Kahlia's speech was. I was moved and touched that I, once again, cried some tears of joy. The handkerchief which father gave was becoming more and more wet.

The festival officially started and the people roamed a lot of stalls. Our stall was becoming more and more crowded because of how delicious our sweets are. Me and father happily served the customers with their chosen sweets while delivering smug glances at the stall across from us. It was obvious who won the bakery competition, it was my father!

The boss from the other stall glared at us hatefully, his mouth in a form of a big scowl. My father stared at him blankly and showed his tongue to ridicule him. The man seethed in anger even more while I looked at my father in shock. He smirked and shrugged while looking at me. I could only laugh and do the same.

The festival ended at evening with me and father eating the leftover sweets. Suddenly, while packing, a man who was obviously an imperial guard went to our stall. Me and father shared a glance and asked the sudden guest.

"May we help you?" Father asked the imperial guard politely. I stayed at the sidelines while watching the both of them in anticipation.

"Are you free tomorrow?" The imperial guard questioned my father with a solemn gaze. My father raised one of his brows and shook his head in confusion. I raised my brows as well, wondering for the guard's question.

"Sadly, we have our small bakery and it will be open for tomorrow." My father said with an apologetic tone. The imperial guard's facade did not faltered. I pondered for what really is going on, what's with tomorrow? Why is this guard talking with us? Why is he asking if father's free for tomorrow?