Chapter 12

You're too good of a flirt!

It was early in the morning and I am currently in the training ground with Ethan and a newly added companion, Reginald. Last night, I haven't sleep. I was concerned about myself for I was bewitched with one of the most important people on this world. Actually, I can't talk to Reginald in the same close manner anymore since I have realized that I held such feelings for him.

"Carlita, you're spacing out." Ethan's sharp and domineering voice snapped me out of my trance. I saw my sword flying out of my hands and landing on the hard concrete ground. I looked upwards to Ethan and saw his expressionless eyes observing me.

"You are distracted." He stated and grabbed my sword from the ground. Slicing and moving it around like the pro that he is. Fastening steps towards me were what I heard, Reginald stopped in front of me and gave me a bottle of cold water. He was smirking with that seductive lips of him and I couldn't help but to blush and avert my eyes away.

"Scoundrel, here. Your performance was bad by the way." He smugly stated while slapping the back of my head. However, instead of feeling annoyed, I actually felt embarassed because I fantasized about his warm hand that had made contact with my head. And he was too close! Too close that I can feel his hot breath on my face! Ahhh!

Blushing madly and doing my best to cover it, I took a step backwards and lowered my head so he wouldn't see my reddening face, "I-i'm not th-thirsty!" I shouted loudly and turned around to hide my flushed face. I could feel two gazes directed on my way, Reginald's confuse gaze and Ethan's usual cold gaze. Surely by now, Ethan had find out what kept me distracted.

"Your highness, I think you should be returning at the indoors now. Your teacher is about to come." Ethan reminded Reginald with a firm tone. "Tch. You don't have to remind me, I know. Anyways, see you later scoundrel." I could feel Reginald waving a goodbye for me and so, I nodded my head in acknowledgement, still not turning around to face him. I sighed in relief when I sensed that he walked away.

With steady steps, Ethan walked towards me, his height towering over me when he stopped, "You love the troublemaker prince?" I glanced at him and sighed. "Love is such a strong word... It's more of an attraction." I responded while sighing once again.

"For now. But remeber this, attraction builds up love." Ethan stated with a knowing look towards me. I rolled my eyes and sighed, feeling helpless as of the moment. "Let's switch to a different topic. It's making me uncomfortable." I pleaded him with a despaired frown and I gladly smiled at him when he nodded his head. Ethan can actually relate to me since his romantic feelings are also one-sided.

I took a look at Ethan and realized one thing, "Ethan, how old are you?" I asked while blinking. Ethan's age was never mentioned in the novel and to be honest, I actually imagined Ethan as a rough guy on his mid 20's. I mean, he was described as a buff and tall guy.

"That's an unexpected question." Ethan looked at me in astonishment as his expression showed an amused one. I chuckled and gaze at him in wonder. He coughed and sat at the ground which actually surprised me. However, I quickly recovered and sat at the ground as well.

"I'm 18." He finally said with his expression blank. My eyes widened and I could only stare at him in bewilderment. He looked at me with a small smile, "Did you thought that I was on my 20's?" He asked me with a knowing tone on his voice. I laughed in embarassment while nodding my head.