Chapter 16

This lover thingy is going too far!

The town was unsurprisingly loud. I was walking with Ethan who seems to be in a good mood and so, I couldn't help but to actually smile while looking at the warm expression on his face. I guess inviting him on the town improved his mood... for that, I'm glad.

While strolling around the town, a certain stall which was selling various weapons caught my eyes. I immediately grabbed Ethan's arm and dragged him towards the stall. I was quite shocked that I was able to actually drag his body, however, it was obviously Ethan who purposely made his body draggable.

"Oh! A beautiful miss and her courageous personal knight, welcome!" A man, who was obviously the seller, exclaimed while forming a grin. My eyes blinked twice and the tips of my ears turned red.

Today, I was wearing one of the dresses that Kahlia gave me. I wasn't particularly thinking of what to wear and just randomly wore the first dress that made contact with my hands. While putting my hands on my closet, this navy blue dress which extrudes an air of nobility, was obviously the one which made the first contact with my hands. And so, I unhesitatingly wore it.

And Ethan... although he wasn't wearing his usual armour, his large physique and form will gradually make people think that he's a knight. There are a lot of commoners who are aware of who Ethan is, however, they did not know how he looked like. So it's not really a question why this seller didn't even greet him respectfully and mistook his identity.

It is a fact that I'm actually embarrassed that he mistook me as a noble lady though...

"Uh... actually-" "You have mistaken our identities." Ethan's voice cut me off but I only inwardly cheered for him. "That's right. I am actually-" "We are lovers." "Yup, we are what?!" I shockingly looked at Ethan who spouted such nonsense in front of the seller. L-lovers?! What is this jerk talking about?!

"Oh! Is that so? I deeply apologise." The seller stated while his face flushed. Probably he must have think that both of us, the youngsters, were attractive and well-matched together, however, he actually thought that we're just a master and a servant going shopping. Ethan nodded his head while I could only looked a him, dumbfounded.

"Actually-" "Do you have swords that are easy to swing and is lightweight? My girlfriend wants to learn swordsmanship and I don't want her to get hurt." This... This... fuck, never mind.

"Ah, yes! I've got the sword suitable for your adorable girlfriend!" The seller loudly shouted while scurrying over his handful of weapons. I inwardly did an exasperated sigh and just decided to move on.

The seller went back to us with his big grin, his hands holding out a thin iron sword. The sword, under the help of the sunlight, glowed and shined brightly as if seducing me to buy it. My hands unconsciously moved to take it.

"That, young miss, is the sword of one of the most respected woman in history." The seller gleamed with pride while my eyes shimmered in interest and excitement.

"Really? Who is she?" I curiously asked while lifting the sword to try it out. It was unsurprisingly light and very easy to handle and obviously, I loved it. The seller seemed satisfied with my expression and opened his mouth, "The first woman who became a leader of men, General Sapphire."

My heart pounded when the name of the awesome woman was said. General Sapphire... She has a very lovely name that is befitting for a lady, however, she turned out to be one of the men instead.