Chapter 6

I disagree to be a palace baker!

The palace event was finally over. We were called to meet the king and queen as what butler Vic had stated. Passing by a lot of locations, we have finally arrived at the throne room where the king and queen are situated on their thrones. When I saw the queen, I was stupefied by her beauty. Hair black as an ebony, eyes the finest silver. She was like the exact carbon copy of the crown prince, William! So this is where William's feautures come from. In the novel, the king and queen had three children. First is of course, William, the second is Reginald and the youngest was princess Sylvia.

In the novel, princess Sylvia was the new villainess. You see, Sylvia is a very spoiled and rotten child just like the original Kahlia's personality. She got her red hair and blue eyes from the king and was declared as the number one beauty at the kingdom, surpassing even Gale's beauty. However, when Kahlia came at the palace, she discovered that Kahlia's beauty was far more superior than her. With that reason, she did a lot of plans to humiliate Kahlia in front of the public, yet, all her plans were discovered by Kahlia and was the one humiliated instead. Ah, Kahlia is truly brillant and smart.

"Glory and praise to the Flynkilton kingdom, greetings your royal hignesses." My father bowed and I curtsied in courtesy, feeling cautious of the keen stare that the king has been delivering to me. The queen, however, was delivering us a very warm gaze. I looked at her and realized that she was very pale and looked thin. Oh right! In the novel, it was stated that the queen was bedridden and her body is very weak. She certainly needs at least three people to help her stand and sit down.

"Greetings, we are glad that you were invited by Kahlia. You see, we loved your sweets very much!" The queen exclaimed and did a wide smile. Me and father smiled back as well. "We are grateful that our sweets satisfied you, your majesty." My father responded in a humble tone.

"We wanted to taste your sweets in daily basis and so, I have a job opportunity. The both of you can work at the palace as a baker." The king stated and me and my father's eyes widened. Although this was a great opportunity, we have a bakery from home. How could we manage our bakery while working at the palace on daily basis?

"We are happy to hear that your highnesses loved our sweets. However, we have our bakery from home and we manage the bakery everyday. I'm afraid working at the palace would be impossible." My father politely refused and smiled sadly. I could see the queen saddened by the news.

"Worry not about that. Your daughter can work here by herself." The king suggested while staring at me. I felt myself straightening from his cold gaze.

"But your majesty–" "She of course knows how to bake, right? And besides, you are too busy on your own bakery. You perhaps cannot divide yourself into two and work with your daughter, no?" The king interferred with a sharp gaze towards my father. Although I want to see the protagonists and the drama unfolding, there's a big chance that i might get linked at the story and once again destroy the plot. And so, I disagree to be a palace baker!

"Your majesty, not being rude or anything, but I can manage my father's bakery with or without anyone's help." I stated in determination, "And also, aren't you afraid that I might displease you with my rookie skills in baking? Isn't it better for a professional baker to hand you its sweets instead?" I asked, confident that I can persuade the king.

"Is that so?" The king caressed his beard, "I heard from Kahlia that you were the one who baked the mango pattissiere which we absolutely loved. You called that rookie skills?" The king responded back with a stronger question. I could only widen my eyes and gape slightly. Kahlia... I love you heroine but right now, I'm annoyed at you.