Chapter 8

The fierce knight is so cool!

It's been a glorious one month and honestly, I am glad that I actually worked at the palace.

Me and Kahlia became bestfriends and I've actually developed a nicer relationship with Ophra and her assists. They're much more friendly and comfortable with me now. Oh, and also, Reginald is now a comrade of mine, but not to the point where he finally told me his problems. After that small accident where I gave him my leftover cookie, he then demanded for me to bake that same cookie and deliver it to his room myself after being grounded. We became comfortable with each other's presence and became friends! It was a nice feeling!

On the negative side, I miss my father because I've been staying at the palace for many days now. Queen Altheia stated that I can go home every month though. And if it's something urgent, I can go home in any day.

Today, I am currently going towards Reginald's room to deliver my usual marshmallow cookies. These past days, I've been wearing new set of clothes everyday due to Kahlia. I've been her doll for almost everyday and as much as I want to stop her, I just can't say no to Kahlia. Ah, what a drag. Anyways, I was wearing a blue dress that has intricate designs and a beautiful fabric that looks like it belongs to a noble lady. My hair is in a messy bun and I liked it.

Standing in front of a well-made door, I knocked softly and waited patiently for Reginald's voice to assure me. "Come in." Reginald said with his common reply. Slowly, I opened the door and closed it back, finally seeing Reginald's face directly.

"Glory and praise to the Flynkilton Kingdom, greetings your highness. The palace baker is here to serve you with your usual favourite sweet." I greeted with a curtsy and eyed him slyly. He only clicked his tongue and slapped the back of my head. I grimaced in pain and my respectful facade instantly vanished.

"That's very rude!" I exclaimed in annoyance and intended to slap him back when he avoided my attempts skilfully . He smirked and showed me his tongue to ridicule me, I frustratingly sat at one of the couches and crossed my arms.

"You deserved that." He shrugged and ate one of the cookies, eyeing me smugly. Ahhh! He is a very handsome capture target but right now, I only want to rip his face off! I only forced a smile and grumbled silently, cursing his name in annoyance.

"Say, scoundrel... do you want to watch the knights' training with me?" Reginald suddenly asked a proposal which earned him my stare. Yup. He calls me scoundrel but it actually doesn't falter me anymore. I'm used to it.

When I heard his proposal, my ears suddenly perked up and I excitedly looked at him. You see, one of the capture targets is a fierce knight. Ahhh, can't wait to see him in the training ground! The last time I've visited the training ground, he wasn't there. Maybe he was attending trainings in the other kingdoms?

In a blink of an eye, I was already in front of Reginald, holding both of his shoulders and eagerly staring at him with my eyes shimmering in excitement. "Really?! Let's go, right now!" I shouted loudly and dragged him towards the training ground when I finally realised my actions. Ah, dragging a prince while I'm only a commoner, it's very inappropriate!

"Ah, forgive me your highness." I stated and bowed. It was a shameless act to do and besides, even though me and Reginald are quite close now, it doesn't mean I should act inappropriately with him. However, instead of receiving his scolds and punishments, he grabbed my hand and dragged me instead. I lifted my head and looked at him in astonishment. That's uncommon...